All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Hi. I recently had my machine serviced (by a certified APQS location) and since it came home, I've been struggling with stitch quality. My top stitches (mostly) look good but my back has the occasional loop or like a stitch pulled sideways like it is pulling the top thread down and over a bit, like it catches. My top thread is breaking quite often, the thread keep slipping out of the pigtail right above the needle, and occasionally it stops catching stitches at all for like an inch. I have changed my needle and rethreaded. I run So Fine on the top and super bobs on the bottom--pretty much the same thread types I have been using for 9 years. It is a little better when I stop using the SR but not much. the thread stops breaking but the stitches on the back still just aren't right. I would appreciate any advice or help! thanks. Karen
  3. Yesterday
  4. Wow! Your quilting is fantastic. I love orange. This entire butterfly quilt is gorgeous.
  5. Thanks Connie, Sherrie is working on it if you e-mail her she will contact you when it is ready. let her know I sent you Connie and have a great day Wheatlandquilters@gmail.com
  6. OOPs, I thought it was a baby quilt. Feathers all the way.
  7. Lots of white space, I agree with Terry feathers! If you have a computer, One song Needle Arts has some really cute children's designs.
  8. I know that you are excited! I have a Lennie and I am very happy with my machine. Lennie does not have the thread cutter feature so you will want the ruler base without the thread cutter. Beth
  9. Wow, I would love to make one in purples or blues. I hope Sherrie comes out with the pattern, what is the size of the quilt? Terri, this is one of your best, you are an inspiration.
  10. MB_quilt Newbie Member 1 8 posts Report post Posted April 22, 2018 The machine is now Sold. Thank you to all who enquired.
  11. I just completed two quilts with solid navy backing and used Hobbs 80/20 batting, and encountered the same problem. When I took the quilt off the LA table I freaked out to see all the pokies! Very disheartening. Those backings were made from 45" wide Kona Fabric. After consulting with other quilters, the general consensus was a thinly woven backing. It was recommended to me to dot each pokies with a navy permanent marker, which I eventually did. Also recommended was to use a smaller needle. I'm currently working on another customer's quilt, again using Hobbs 80/20 and not having that problem.
  12. My APQS bobbin winder stopped working. Plugged in, power source live, fuses ok. Now what? It was winding, I stopped it. now won't go. TIA for any help.
  13. Another beauty! I hope that is going into a show. It is meant to be drooled over.
  14. Ohhhh Terry, wow you really did create a masterpiece. I love it and I'd name it The Butterfly Effect, or maybe not. Please keep sharing. Sharon
  15. Last week
  16. no finding under anything this is here for inspiration
  17. Wow.....that is amazing......I am going to go hide under my rock!!! In total Awe!!!! Lin
  18. This is a small version of the butterfly quilt pattern drafted by Sherrie I love orange and I am making most of my quilts this year with orange in them. anybody have a killer name for this quilt....it is always funto play with one of your own quilts.... I hope you enjoy , many of the designs I have not done before but have found a couple I will do again for sure back of the quilt close ups of the background this one I have named bubble wrap rulers and freemotion oops I see a thread.... more thread that will get cleaned up
  19. In answering my own question, I experimented and have found a great solution to closing up the holes left after removing stitches. I mix 1 tsp of a product called UNIQUE Fray Stop into 1 cup of water and spritz that over the line of holes. I dabbed the product into the fabric, let it dry, and wow, was I amazed at how it filled in those holes. The product is meant for fabrics, is toxic free, and is safe for all fabrics. I did test it on a back seam before I treated the affected area. I have no idea where I got that Fray Stop, but will certainly check out all my sewing stops and pick up more. The angst is gone!
  20. In asking my own question, I experimented and have found a great solution to closing up the holes left after removing stitches. I mix 1 tsp of a product called UNIQUE Fray Stop into 1 cup of water and spritz that over the line of holes. I dabbed the product into the fabric, let it dry, and wow, was I amazed at how it filled in those holes. The product is meant for fabrics, is toxic free, and is safe for all fabrics. I did test it on a back seam before I treated the affected area. I have no idea where I got that Fray Stop, but will certainly check out all my sewing stops and pick up more. The angst is gone!
  21. Perfect little quilt for a girl Love the panto
  22. Original Owner of 2008 Lenni with 10 foot table. Asking $3800. Seller will disassemble. No shipping. Original box for machine head. Includes Bobbin Winder and Original Owner Manual. $300 in extras included - Hartley Expander Base, Vertical Cone Holder, 12 Pantos. No Warranty. Prefer prospective buyer visit to test drive before purchase. Located in Harrisburg NC outside of Charlotte NC. Message me if interested. Personal use in smoke free home. Mary.
  23. I can't tell for sure, but it looks like your thread is getting caught in the hook's race. If your hook is in good condition, I don't think that should be happening. It would seem there is too much clearance, and the hook needs to be replaced. To test, pull and push on the center post. If there's any movement, the hook is bad and should be replaced. If you need to replace the hook, and you want a larger bobbin, it might be a good time to upgrade with an M bobbin conversion. Jim
  1. Load more activity