All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Yesterday
  3. Hi guys, its Karen McTavish - This is my friend Alane's longarm - which she loved very much. Everything in Alane's longarm studio will go with the machine. Threads, rulers, needles, pins....everything. The value of her machine when she purchased it was $22,750.00 in late 2017. Alane had quilted maybe 10 quilts on the longarm so it has had very little use. Unfortantely, Alane passed away from cancer and was a professional quilting designer. Alison Glass worked with Alane for several years. Karen McTavish (218) 391-8218 call/text 2017 APQS Millie Longarm Quilting Machine - $15,000.00 12 foot longarm with all the bells and whistles - fully loaded 26' inch throat space Automatic Fabric Advance Quilt Glide Bliss track system Deluxe Table Base expander with large collection of rulers Needles, Glide Thread collection, pre-wound bobbins, free standing bobbin winder with metal/aluminum empty bobbins Misc longarm related quilting items - such as pins, oil, etc No warranty Free Longarm Class with Karen McTavish with purchase No shipping Machine will be located at McTavish Quilting Studio after 05/27/20 for a test drive Photos attached
  4. loretta

Ultimate II

Hey Jim, Thanks for your response. Do you have to remove the hook assembly to look at it and sand? When I first turn the machine on it seems to run longer without shredding the top thread, once it starts it's like every ten to fifteen minutes. The thread came off the hook in the back and the thread broke almost immediately, I could tell the thread broke not shredded even though it took me a good twenty minutes to figure it out. I have finished two quilts on this machine. When it works it has a pretty stitch, but it's a struggle with this issue. Loretta
  5. I have a question about the Featherz template and now that CL is out of business, I can't get help from them. If you have this template and can answer a quick question, please let me know. Thanks! ~Patti
  6. It sounds like the spring tension might be the issue. You can tighten the spring tension by removing the tension assembly, loosening the set screw, rotating it against the spring, tightening up the set screw and replacing it in the machine. When you return the assembly to the machine, make sure that the spring is set at the 10:30/11:00 position when it is "resting". Good luck. Jim
  7. Loretta: Both Laura and I have Intellistitch stitch regulators on our machines, so our "unregulated" experience is in the distant past. That being said, shredded thread isn't only a problem of unregulated machines. Is there any particular quilting action where the shredding happens? If so, that might give us a clue. I personally use YLI Longarm Professional as top thread almost exclusively. The strongest longarm thread I've found. It is possible that you have a burr somewhere on your hook assembly. Examine it very carefully, and if you fine one polish it down with fine emery cloth. Good luck. Jim
  8. That sounds a lot like Intellistitch's manual with stop/start, except rather than pulsing, the Intellistitch actually stops stitching until you move it again. You can turn that Intellistich feature off and have it stitch when you stop, but why would you want to? Jim
  9. Hi there, Do you still have these. I have a 2008 Millie would it fit her? I'd love to have them. You can email me at natalieyou@gmail.com Thank you! Natalie Myers
  10. Last week
  11. ...just right for a small room or cabin. Table Frame (3' 6" wide x 7' long), in very good condition, specifically designed by APQS to fit my 2000 Millennium. INCLUDES a Hartley Fence and several other Longarm supplies. Originally $1,700, then reduced to $1,000. *NOW: $850*. Serious inquiries only, please... Email: qtwduluth@gmail.com
  12. If you hover over the posters name, you will see when they posted and the last time they have visited the site. As the seller posted the sale on 15 July 2018 and last visited the APQS forum on 18 Oct 2018, I would hazard to guess George has been sold. Good luck shopping.
  13. Hey Fellow Longarmers! I've been MIA for some time now, but Still Quilting! I've had a couple of grandbabies, family members' illnesses and deaths, and you know...life in general. I have also been cleaning and decluttering my quilt quilting studio. I have a Quilt Topper Tool circle maker with a star board and two feather wreath boards that I would love to part with. The base fits a Milli machine. It's yours for the cost of shipping. I bought it used when I first started quilting, but do mostly heirloom custom quilting and don't and won't use it. Please take this off my hands, or should I say, out of my studio. Have a great day! Debbie
  14. Hi. I can't answer your question, but here is a link to post a question and get support for the Compuquilter system. https://www.intelliquilter.com/compuquilter-support.php
  15. CIRCLES DONE WITH HARTLEY CIRCLE MAKER - BEFORE TRIMMING AND TIE OFFS
  16. LIGHTLY USED HARTLEY FENCE AND CIRCLE MAKER FOR SALE. PURCHASED FROM APQS WITH MY 2014 MILLIE. HAS BEEN A GREAT ACCESSORY. I HAVE ADDED QUILTPATH TO MY MILLIE AND NO LONGER NEED THE HARTLEY FENCE AND CIRCLE MAKER. I HAVE THE PRINTED AND VIDEO DOCUMENTS FOR THE HARTLEY ITEMS. INCLUDED IS MYRNA FICKENS HARTLEY DOCUMENTS. GREAT TOOLS FOR GETTING EXCELLENT, PRECISE RESULTS. ORIGINAL PRICE $500. FOR SALE FOR $200 PLUS SHIPPING FROM PEARLAND, TEXAS.
  17. THREE YEAR OLD PRECISE PANTOGRAPH SYSTEM FOR SALE. I HAVE INSTALLED QUILTPATH ON MY 2014 MILLIE. THIS HAS BEEN LIGHTLY USED AND HAS WORKED BEAUTIFULLY ON MY MILLIE. EVERYTHING TO INSTALL ON THE MILLIE IS INCLUDED. Laser light is included as well. 16 PANTOGRAPHS INCLUDED. I enjoyed using this. I could sit down to operate. I found that I was much more relaxed and in control using this method. A saddle stool is nice, but I found that my very comfortable office chair on wheels was the best for me. All set up and instructions are complete and excellent on the Precise Pantograph YouTube Video Channel. This is what I used to install mine I have no written or printed instructions. Look at http://www.2sistersquilting.com/PrecisePantographSystem.html for more information. Price with paper pantographs, full system and laser light is $275 plus shipping from Pearland, Texas.
  18. My dad, siblings, and I want to buy my mom a quilting machine (she has wanted one for 30+ years). We already bought a frame and cruise control, and now need a compatible machine. So we are looking to buy one of the following quilting machines for my mother (used, but working): Elna 7100; Husqvarna Viking Mega Quilter 1200; Janome 1600P (-DB, -DBX, -QC); or Pfaff 1200 Hobby Grand Quilter. Does anyone have one of these for sale or know where we can find one? Thanks for the help! (A machine near Wisconsin, Minnesota, Utah, Idaho, or Washington would be preferable so that someone from my family could pick it up)
  19. I have a 2004 Millenium on an 8 ft frame with fabric advance. I would like to up-size to a 12 or 14 ft frame if anyone is interested in downsizing and would consider a possible frame trade (or trade plus cash). I live in Oregon and would be willing to drive anywhere in the Pacific NW, Idaho, Utah, Northern California. If anyone is aware of used frames (without machines) that may be available, please let me know. Thank you. Jamie in Monmouth, OR
  20. Does anyone know why when stitching a pattern it looses its position and starts moving upwards on the previous row of stitching.
  21. Yup, the intelliquilter. My phone doesn' like that word. My MIL says there is an option to select the whole quilt and sequence It that way instead of individually. I have also commented on her using that feature. I asked her when she is using the machine to not cut corners on this step and see if it stops doing it. Thank you both for commenting!!
  22. Sue I know at least once when it happed to me I had sequenced the whole quilt and it messed up about 3/4 the way through. It’s like the tablet missed the stop command and the stopped after it made the single stitch at the beginning of the next row. The reason I was thinking heat is because I believe it happened a couple of times after I stopped for lunch and left the machine on and then it messed up when I came back an hour or so later. The first few times were before we had the ability to sequence the whole quilt. Nigel
  23. I’m sure you meant Intelliquilter. Yes it happened to me several times but never did it consistently enough to diagnose. I sent my logs to Zoltan but they showed the machine working properly. I suspect it may have had something to do with the tablet getting hot as it seemed to happen after the tablet had been on for several hours but I’m not positive. When the tablet is cool I would blow some compressed air through the tablet vents and blow out the fan on the docking station. I’ve since sold my machine and retired. Nigel
  24. Are you talking about using the Intelliquilter computer? If so, it sounds like when you set up your layout, you didn't tell it to stop and tie off at the end of the row so you can realign, etc.. This sounds like it is set to continuous which will automatically sew a straight line to the start of the next row. When you go to the sew screen and you select your rows to quilt, you should get a screen asking how you want the transition to be set.
  1. Load more activity