This is my first post. My long-armer suggested I ask this question here.
I've been asked by someone to make them a quilt (or several) and I have no clue how much to charge.
For the sake of discussion, let's assume the following:
1. finished quilt about 70" X 90"
2. difficulty level 2 out of 1-5
3. cost of materials say $200
4. what I will pay the longarmer say $150 (until I'm good enough to do it myself)
5. Labor? I'd say minimum 100 hours.
How much do you think I should charge. Note that this person can pay any amount and is willing to pay any amount. I don't want to gouge him, but I'm not going to work for $1/hour either......
I'd love to hear some different opinions. Someone from Arkansas I know said she knows women who would do it for 500-600$, but I wouldn't do it for that price.