What's on the Frame?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Holly, this is going to be great practice for you. I love what you have done so far.

I am working on an Americana quilt for our local quilt show. I used MeadowLyons America's Pride panto panels. Whew, it was painstaking work but I love the way it turned out. I also used Linda Taylors Eagle in the center and Julie Mullins Star Spangled Banner panto on the borders.

I will post a photo when I get home.

http://www.meadowlyon.com/Pattern_Pages/11_Whole_Cloth_patterns/AP_11_Pattern_Fullview.htm

More photos (close-ups) on my blog.

post--13461900500991_thumb.jpg

Just took off a hand-pieced drunkards path in white/lavender - it is really pretty. I did a panto on it, Waterworld and it turned out very nice. Next one up is a paperpieced log cabin. Will put feathers in the lights and just some squiggly lines in the darks. It is going to be put in a local gift shop for sale by the owner - hope to get myself a little exposure at the same time.

Sharon

Linda - I can't wait to see a picture. I've looked at those panels before but I wasn't sure what I would do with them.

Sharon - I've got a log cabin that's been sitting in the to-be-quilted pile for a LONG time. I thought of doing something similar to what you described. I would love to see how yours turns out.

Just last night I finished this quilt - been pondering the quilting design since she brought it to me in April, but now it's done! SID around ALL the design elements, a little flower in the center of the snowflake blocks (there's 9 of them and they're all TOO big to fit between the rollers!:o), stipple in the white and ferns in the sashing. Whew! I'm sooo glad it's done - now to get it to the customer so she can bind it and get it to the local quilt show in three weeks.

Barb, your quilting is always lovely.

Holly, what are you doing with your EBAY rescue quilts? I have learned my long arm on these since last November...now need somewhere for the quilts to find a home? Ebay isn't a great place to resell them right now as the economy is a concern. Do you have a hook on local B&B's that want quilts Just curious.

Originally posted by hollyc

Barb, your quilting is always lovely.

Holly, what are you doing with your EBAY rescue quilts? I have learned my long arm on these since last November...now need somewhere for the quilts to find a home? Ebay isn't a great place to resell them right now as the economy is a concern. Do you have a hook on local B&B's that want quilts Just curious.

I display them through out the house. Sometimes on a bed but mostly folded and stacked here and there. I have way more un-quilted rescues than quilted ones. I may need to find alternate homes for them once I get them all quilted. LOL

Beautiful quilts, ladies.. work is wonderful.

I'm just in the process of getting this Carpenter Star top, squared away on the frame, ready to go, and not an idea one! The blocks are small all are 2.5 inches, so a lot of patterns to quilt in would be lost.

post--13461900466283_thumb.jpg

I am just finishing one that is all batiks, dark blue background and pinwheels and squares. The pattern is called Nothern Lights I think, it was a class at our retreat back in March. For a new customer, lots of SID and I am doing the curly-Q that Bobbi posted a photo of in the background.

Love the other quilts by the way - beautiful!

all of these quilts are lovely!!. You are all such a talented group of friends. I am proud to call you sisters.

Linda C can hardly wait to see your quilt. that is being really ambitious but with your talent it will be lovely.

Linda N that is one beautiful quilt!

and Barb. I surely hope some of your talent wears off on me at Innovations as we are sleeping. LOL. that is an awesome

quilt.

Holly how did you get your freathers so perfect?

Wow what a great show-n-tell! All of the quilts are beautiful. Holly love the DWR and I'm sure it will be gorgeous. Barb your quilt is just beautiful and Lynda I can hardly wait to see that quilt done! Those colors would go perfectly in my house so if you need a place for it to go just let me know :D! Rita your CS is going to be beautiful too! I'm sure you will do a terrific job. I'm working on my first colored piece. My hands hurt! I'm hoping to have it done this weekend and get pictures posted by monday. I don't have any to share yet.

Just love looking at everyones quilts - such variety and they always look sooooooo much better when quilted. Just took one off the frame - will post pictures after the binding goes on. No more quilting until Tuesday. My baby is arriving home Monday (she did need a new transformer) plus we are going to Colorado for the weekend. Quick trip.

Thank you all for you kind words.

I love this quilt.

Cher, the pattern is called Surprisingly Red by Be Colourful. These patterns are designed by Jacqueling De Jong and are from The Netherlands. All the measurements are in metrics. They are very challenging patterns but the results are wonderful. I have done 3 of her designs now. Then I used what I had learned and designed a jacket of my own, that was really fun. Maybe I can find someone with a cute body to model it and post some pictures. You can find the patterns at Quilting by the Bay (if they were not too damaged by Ike) or Blue Bamboo, both have online stores.

Lynda, I love that quilt of yours. You amaze me girlfriend with your piecing. I need to take some lessons from you. Maybe a retreat at the beach for a day or 2 next year. Looking forward to seeing you at the next Moxie meeting at Beth's. Are you going to Innovations? I can't remember. Anyway, your pieceing is awesome.;)

Rita, Lynda, Barb & Holly,

Absolutley nice quilts ladies!

Rita, your quilt reminds me of fall with the orange/green/white. I see CC in the design and a background filler in the white areas.

Barb, your quilting is BEAUTIFUL honey! Looks relaxing. Is that your quilt?

Lynda, that quilt is stunning! Yes, I agree with all, your piecing is to die for!

Holly, your vintage double wedding ring is exquisit. But, i'm a fan of vintage finds like that. I've purchased a few off ebay myself. I've had to "re-do" a couple, and i've had some really good "finds" as well.

Thank you all for sharing.

This is what is on my machine. A donation quilt made with donated fabrics by one of the ladies in our church quilting group. It's nothing fancy, but it will keep someone warm...

2430860210094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

I'm using the clam shell ruler on it that I bought some time ago. Using it for the first time.

Here's one a bit closer

2240159090094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

I think that this pattern is called the disappearing 9 patch.

Archived