What's on the Frame?

Jeanne, thank you so much, and everyone else that gives tips and hints, and shows us things... Love the whole cloth quilt top, and the feathers.. Think I'll have to be giving them a try, as by not butting the lines atop one another, it should be easier to do, I'll just have to bone up on my echoing.. still haven't gotten that down yet.

I ditto all the positive comments made above, doubled..

Many thanks

RitaR

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Large prints scare the beegees out of me, but this fabric is the bomb...and now I need to get on the quest to find some before its all gone...being it was a last years fabric...always a dollar short and more often than not a couple of days late.

Jeanne...this turned out so great that I printed a picture of it so that I wouldn't forget your feather style, but I really liked the quilt as well.;)

This is what I am doing now - I LOVE these nice warm fall colored flannels!!!! SO soft and SO pretty!!! I am using the Circle Lord Clam shell template in back, goes so smoothly once you are all set-up.....

Patty Jo - Bless you! I could never do a whole quilt with that ruler! I tried and just couldn't move it smoothly over the curves and still hold the ruler in place! Straight lines are NO problem for me - but OH - those curves!!!!

post--13461900498942_thumb.jpg

I just finished this quilt for a friend. She wanted a very plain pattern to just set off the pattern and not compete with it. She chose the raindrops panto. I think it was a good choice. Her quilt and piecing were so beautiful, I'm thinking of telling her that I was burgled and all they took was her quilt;)

Wow, so many beautiful quilts with so many different ways of quilting them. I loev looking at quilt photos, don't you?

OK, I finally found my battery charger for my camera. It's just as well that it took me this long, now the binding is on.;)

I put the front of the quilt back on page 1. The Statue of Liberty is one of the several famous places/faces in U.S. history.

There are more photos on my blog. meadowlyon has several other 12-ft patterns. I'm going to try the French Quarter one next. I bet that would look great with a sparkly thread on Kona black fabric. Ooooh-La-La.

Thanks for looking.

post--13461900503263_thumb.jpg

Linda: I'm totally impressed! That looks so hard to do. I'm just not good at pantos (that is a panto, isn't it?) Mary Beth doesn't believe me, but I'm truly sloppy at them. Since Donna gifted those pantos (thanks again, Donna), I've been trying to do better at them, but I don't feel even close to doing one on a customer's quilt. I first learned to quilt freehand, so maybe that's why, but you do so good at both. Every quilt I see of yours impresses me! This picture is so cool! Also, I hope "Here comes Frankie" wins something for you!

Wow, what a great thread this has been!!! I have to say ~ most of my business is pantos. The next quilt to go on is custom work. I get a custom job so rarely that it usually terrifies me, so I push to get it started because I know that I'll feel better.

My question is this.....the quilt is a big broken star...customer wants victorian feathers in the background (same as Holly's original pic in this post), will do CC in the star points.....but my problem is always what to do in the bleepin' borders????? This usually stumps me. This quilt has 3 borders ~ a 2" then two 4" borders. Maybe I'll cruise around the forum for a while for ideas but if anyone wants to chime in, that would be great!!! I'm thinking of treating the 2 outer borders as one????

I'll post a picture when I finally figure it out and get it quilted!!!

Sandra

Just took this one off today. I'm doing two pillows to go with it. Customer wanted Nuts and Bolts to go all over the robots. Took me a while to digitize, but not very long to stitch it out. YES it's all computer aided. Now this is where the computer shines--no beautiful feathers on a quilt like this! After all, robots and computers belong together, right?:P

If you click on the picture, it will take you to my Flickr site and you'll see more details.

"Robot

"Robot

This is the pillow

"Robots

I was going to post this before I posted the Robot Quilt. Thanks Holly for starting this. It's fun to peek in and see what everybody is working on every once in a while. My quilts always look so simple and uncomplicated compared to all those beautiful feathers and SID and crosshatching and VERY COMPLICATED panos (Linda!!!)

I'm working on the binding for this one. I will wash it before I give it back to my daughter. You can still see the blue marks in the outer borders. I love that wobble/wonky look of the all-hand guided hearts and swirls. Some day I will digitize it and make it perfect.:P

Thanks to all of you who posted pictures too! Keep up the good work. And those of you who are PPPing--we'd love to see your practice--it's fun to see the progress! Ask me how I know.:P

"DSC00618"

Archived