What's on the Frame?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been puzzling and working this Americana quilt (one of a Pair) for my son and DIL for two months. Too much frogging. I like the panto, but not the thread. So I finally decided to get all the quilting out and start over. The to thread is actually embroidery thread and I think that the thickness of the thread caused it to break too much. Oh, well. I hope that all the holes from earlier quilting washes out.

And since I have two weeks off from my paying job after a bit of surgery, I have no excuse and a lot of time to "Get R Done!" The second one has got to be easier and quicker!

Now to take a break (any excuse!) and go to the local Quiltfest in Jacksonville. Maybe I can get xome ideas for more quilts, like I need any:D

Oh, how do I post a pic again? I can't seem to find it on the forum site---I really should print it and/or save it somewhere!

Quilts By The Bay might be down for awhile. It's one of my LQS's. I haven't checked the wesite so not sure if theya re able to do anything. They are on Galveston Island, behind the seawall & only about 3-4 blocks from the Gulf side of the island. Residents are only allowed on the island as of two days ago for Look and Leave. Meaning they can go in the morning but have to be off the Island by 6:00pm I think it is. This is letting them come, do some clean up and analysis of their situation and then leave. I hope they come through in the end, I love that shop!

Lynda, that quilt is awesome, love the pattern, fabrics.....oh, and all that RED!

Thanks Heidi and Bonnie and Kim! Anytime you want to come over, we have 3 extra bedrooms that are ready for guests. Kids are out of the house, so we don't use those rooms now.

I was just teaching, or rather showing, a friend how to do these yesterday. She just had shoulder surgery so she couldn't really try it, but she wanted to see them done. They are truly easier than any other feather I've tried.

I just love those fabrics on her quilt. I can see more fabric in my future!

Originally posted by Bekah

Holly how did you get your freathers so perfect?

LOL. Thanks, I just took a picture of the best ones :P I've been drawing them with the disappearing purple pen. I tried doing it completely freehand but I'm not there yet. I had taken this quilt off to do a couple of customer quilts so it's been awhile since I worked on it. The one set of feathers I did last night are not nearly as nice. But I'll keep PPPing.

Jeanne - love the feathers!!! Went to your earlier post and put it on my favorites list - want to go back and learn to do them. So graceful and look wonderful.

Lynda - quilt is fabulous. Have been tempted to try one of her patterns because they all look so neat! It will have to wait awhile as I continue to bond with my Millie (Miss Ribbit)

Barb - the quilt is beautiful - love the colors!! Sometimes I think I would like to go into business someday just so I could enjoy some of the beautiful quilts other people make............

This site is just so inspirational:D Thanks for this thread - way fun!

Jeanne - I Love these feathers - thanks for posting the link back to the other thread...... I remember that quilt, and really need to give these a try!! Looks so pretty and if it is all freehand - easy - love that!!!

Originally posted by shadows4

Kim:

Yes they are totally freehand. I just start and keep going till the bobbin runs out.

and then another bobbin and another.........:D

Thank you all, I appreciate the feedback.

Patty Jo, a retreat at the beach is available anytime. I look forward to it. I want to host the Moxie group soon.

I am not taking any classes at Innovations this year. We are still mulling over going for the show and vendors. I hope to be at Beth's meeting.

See you soon.

SheriB: No that wasn't the raffle quilt! Thanks for loving it though. :) Fairy Frost was the raffle quilt and it's link is:

http://www.apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=9644&page=1#pid84873

I had a hard time giving that quilt up, even though it wasn't really mine, I just worked on it. :(

On the Island Blue quilt, I made one similar to it and entered it in MQS. Maybe that's where you saw it.

I finished the Lakehouse quilt last night. Here is it done:

post--13461900497215_thumb.jpg

Archived