What's on the Frame?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a great topic. I am really enjoying it, such wonderful work. I can only aspire.

I finally finished Red Compass. Here are the promised pictures of the finished product. Sorry it took so long, the weather has just been too great and too many other things to do.

More pictures are in my webshots in the 2008 Quilts album on end of page 4 and on page 5 if you want to see more.

Thanks for looking.

2715549730098991033S425x425Q85.jpg

2831351730098991033S425x425Q85.jpg

2034139540098991033S425x425Q85.jpg

2516926260098991033S425x425Q85.jpg

Heidi,

The pattern is designed by Jacqueline De Jong in The Netherlands and is in metrics. I have done a few of her designs and love them all. It is called Surprisingly Red. I think I had the first pattern I bought for about 3 years before I got the nerve to go for it. I absolutely hate paper piecing but the end result is special so I do it.

Thank you all for the kind words. I'm afraid I have few people to show my things to so I guess you all are stuck.

Cathy,

WOW!!!! That is big. This one is 104" X 116" and I thought that this one was big.

I am SID in the card trick stars on all four corners and in the center. Then I'm going to feather fill in all the white areas, serpentine stitch the small blue diagonals and not sure what in the red octagon border yet, then a feathered border. That is what my customer requested.

And now that I have started it, I'm having major tension issues all of a sudden. Drives me crazy.

What are planning on doing on yours?

Haha Lisa. It is a small world isn't it?

My husband is retired Navy. During one of his deployments he was playing a softball game in Dubai, UAE. On the other team was a guy that he knew from Holton high school in Michigan. Clear across the world!! Amazing!

Anyway, we have only lived in Perrysburg for 2 1/2 years. We came here because there was no work in Michigan.

Archived