I hate to sound like I'm whining but....

Oh, Robin... PITA's have been known to be charged.... whether they know that they have been charged is now a totally different question.

I have been known to boost the price by 1/2 a cent to a whole 1 cent on occasion....:P;) And I didn't look back or worry about taking their checks to the bank...figured I earned it.:P;)

And Sylvia...your welcome....let's both hope you don't need to use it anytime soon.:cool:

Awww Shucks.. I was gonna tell about me when I get to the point of throwing a hissy with my leg in the air..

It has to be something really rude and ugly thrown at me, but I have been known to look a person in the eye, smile as sweetly as I can and say "I understand you are having a bad day, and it's probably been a bad week, or even a bad month, but please do not take it out on me cause I didn't pee in your cereal."

Yes I've said it, but wouldn't in my business, just when I'm in THEIR business and THEY are treating me rude beyond reason. If they get to a certain aggrivation point in My business, then I would just ask if they know that so and so or such and such are also long arm quilters and she'd be happier with them.

Quilty Hugs to all, thanks for the great tips..

RitaR

I'm sure every longarmer has had a few of these experiences you have all told above. After cutting hair for 40 years (women as customers) I have learned that a person that is "older" doesn't become a b**** because of the age, if they are a b**** at 80 ,believe me they were a b**** at 40! You go Sandra.

Linda Rech,

You're right, of course. I stand corrected :D

And thanks, Bonnie, for the instructions on skinning. I can't imagine having to take out an entire quilt and didn't know it was ever done. Now that I know it's possible, it may be that I will have to do it one day! Yikes!

If the idea had ever come into my head, I think I would have tried it with a single edge razor blade, but probably there is more control with the rotary cutter than with a single edge razor blade . . ?

Sandra C - and one final additional quote that I love from Dr. Phil "We teach other people how to treat us."

Bonnie is the sharing-est, caring-est lady in the world!

We are lucky to have her brain and experience to tap--and she will have the answer to a dilemma ready to share as soon as she knows about the problem.

Someone called her The Ultimate One with the Ultimate II. I love that and it is true!!

Just a note, I have done several services for different clients, I have found that the manipulators try to intimidate you then brag to their friends what a good job you do and if you give in (which when I was younger I did) how cheap you are.

Don't give her an inch! As the others said this Gal no matter how old she is, is not interested in a quilting lesson. Be a professional and tell her straight up that you will charge for her foibles, then do so. She will either straighten up or go away.Either way you have won your integrity and piece of mind.

Ginny Snowden

Where the hell were you three years ago when I had to rip out an entire queen size quilt :o:D. It took me and my dad 6 months to rip out with a seam ripper.

Great tip on skinning a quilt I hope I will never have to do so again but now it's not such a scarry idea to try something new and if I don't like it at least I know and easier way to rip it out.

Thanks for the tip.

Tina

--edit-- oopsie forgot to add smilies to that comment above.

Originally posted by TinaC

Where the hell were you three years ago when I had to rip out an entire queen size quilt. It took me and my dad 6 months to rip out with a seam ripper.

Tina, I was right here...but recovering from some major quilt burnout and taking care of a hubby who hurt himself...we were still in the middle of the 8 operations on a foot...so I'm sure I wasn't thinking a whole lot about quilty things...:P;):P

My Mom did that to me all the time...same thing. She thought I was ripping her off on fabric...lol;)

I chalk it up to them being Depression kids(this is the only excuse I can think of)

I finally showed her why I need the extra inches and that she gets it all back. I actually put a small quilt on the frame with her watching then she got it. Since then I have no more problmes and this was my MOM:P

Originally posted by ffq-lar

We are lucky to have her brain and experience to tap--and she will have the answer to a dilemma ready to share as soon as she knows about the problem.

Someone called her The Ultimate One with the Ultimate II. I love that and it is true!!

Me? I call her "Mom" :) :)

Originally posted by quiltmonkey

Originally posted by ffq-lar

Me? I call her "Mom" :) :)

Love you too Baby Girl....

Archived