Isacord thread

I know this has probably been discussed aplenty, but I discovered Isacord thread today in looking for a color that my customer wanted. I tried it and found that it works really well on my millie, did not even have to change the tension from the cone of bottom line that was previously on there. It seems to run really smoothly.

Has anyone else tried this and what did you think?

Thanks,

Vicki

He has a DVD and workbook on his quilting. I think it is called Mystical Cotton Tracks. I got mine from him personally while attending a longarm retreat at Camp Mowana in Mansfield, Ohio. Go to jamiewallen.citymax.com to see his work and order the workbook and DVD. It is definitely worth the cost. Janet

Good to hear that about Floriani also, I saw some in the LQS but was not sure how it would work...they seem to offer some good colors as well, my customers seem to be looking more and more for varigated threads as well. Floriani seems to be approx 2 x the price of the isacord but more variety is good and again to support the LQS will be good in the long run. I also like to use the prewounds bottom line, I don't have any tension problems with that combination.

Thanks again for the input everyone, you are soooo helpful!

Vicki

Just reading this post about thread.....yesterday, I started a quilt with some thread that the customer had brought. It was Sulky. I thought, Sulky is a good thread, I shouldn't have any problems.......WRONG!!! It broke about 5 times while just doing the top border! I called my customer, and told her the problem, and she was very sweet and just said to use my own thread. But now I am frogging the whole part that I did quilt. A double feather. YUCK! So, my advise is not to use Sulky!!:o Any body else have any issues with that? linda

I don't use the Sulky rayon embroidery thread any more, because the color fades so quickly with regular gentle washing.

I do use the Sulky poly sheen, have even used it on Penny.. It wasn't much and Nothing fancy.. it was ok, but not like the other shinny threads available for long arm quilting.

RitaR

Sulky can be used is you use enough "Sewers Aid" on it and loosen up the tensions a bit....its absolutely gorgeous once you make friends with it. There was once a time I used alot of Sliver on quilts, but you do need to use a ton of "Sewers Aid", and you need to loosen up the tensions. Don't be afraid to play with your tensions....

Bonnie, I did mess with my tension. But I kept getting eyelashes on the back. It just wasn't worth it to me. I have never tried sewer's aid. Is that a name brand ? Thanks for the input!! I have allot of Isocord! I have an enbroidery machine. I too love the colors!! llinda

Sewer's Aid is made by Dritz...and can be found at any LQS or sewing house...like JoAnn's or Hancock Fabrics.

It is a silicone liquid that you lather on the spools of thread and it keeps the fibers from peeling off and shreading...also lubes the needle and keeps the thread smooth through the eye.

I'm surprised with you having an embroidery machine your dealer didn't tell you about it before. I personally think Dritz should give me stock in their program, I buy so much of it, that I now use it without even testing the threads to see if I need it. I put it on and I don't have ANY troubles...its been a lifesaver for me over the years.

Archived