tip for using sidewinder

Text

okay, this is a little foreign for me. I had intended to just lurk. But reading the complaints about the sidewinder motivated me to try it. I got my Lenni just 11 days ago and haven't had to wind a bobbin yet. But I just did 3 very easily and quickly.

Here is the tip.

Don't put the spool on the sidewinder, but instead use one of those thread holders that lifts the thread off a foot above the spool. Make sense? The sidewinder hardly moved and the bobbins filled evenly. I would like them a little fuller and will investigate that.

The partial bobbin was the problem for me. Seems like I was constantly changing out the bobbin.

I love my Lenni and hope you enjoy yours too. It is a lot of fun to use.

Now that I have a real bobbin winder I realize what I have been missing. It was the best $89 that I have spent since buying the Lenni.

Sylvia...just to add to your list, so can all Janome machines and Bernina machines regardless if they use the same bobbin..its the hole in the center of the bobbin that matters... if it goes over the spindle that winds the bobbin your machine can fill it...

There are tons of DSM machines that use the "L" sized bobbins I agree...but even if yours doesn't use a "L"....and the bobbin will fit over the spindle, you can wind your bobbins and move to your LA.

Archived