Lenni wheels

Mimi - as Dawn indicated, the only adjustment possible for the vertical wheels is by inserting spacers to make sure that the wheels are sitting dead centre. Inserting washers was one of the first adjustments we made to make the wheels sit dead centre.

We went through levelling and most importantly squaring the table some months ago, so my finger pointed to those wheels! Little did I realise that the aluminium carriage was flexing every time I moved the machine into the centre of the table. This flex meant that the wheels would roll into the middle making control very difficult.

So have I been maligning the wheels unjustly? Will I get egg on my face when my husband puts the new reinforced carriage on and it moves beautifully?

Will the edgeriders make much of a difference?

I'll keep you informed.

Judy

Thanks again for all the replies. Sorry Judy to be bringing up the issue again.....but I need a resolution; I am feeling the frustrations you once did. Extra thanks to Pat for the detailed information. The hubby and I will be going over the email in detail and working through all the suggestions. I already know my wheels are not riding on the dead center, so I am buying spacers this weekend!

I have noticed that the issue occurs at the same spot on the track each time, so maybe my issue is a track issue. I am going to try to get in touch with Amy this afternoon about sanding of the plastic tract, as I didn't see the "okay" to do this in the manual. Her and I are still playing phone tag - it’s my turn

• 5 weeks later...

Update to my Lenni diagonal moving issue. I was not able to get in touch with Amy of APQS support, we kept playing phone tag - with the holidays and all, we could never catch up. So I went solely on all the replies in this forum and on Dawns detailed reply.

I confirmed that my machine wheels were riding to the outside of the carriage, I purchased the spacers and have had them installed-actually needed 2 on one side a 1 on the other, I know Dawn had said we should only ever need them on one side, but this is what made the wheels ride in the middle............what can i say. Also, sanding the plastic track made a huge difference. I have made sure the entire table is also square and level. I am having much much less pull then I was before, all though it is still there, it is much more managable now and I hope with time, I will be able to control it more.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for replying and ecpecially to Dawn for the time to type up the detailed email. And, thanks to Amy for trying to get in touch with me!

• 5 years later...

I realize this is an old topic, but I have a question.  A couple of people mentioned having the edgerider wheels.  Do you have the edgerider wheels with the vertical wheel carriage?  If so, how can those wheels fit on the carriage and the rails?  If all I need is edgerider wheels I will order some, but I have been told I will need the entire carriage and the wheels, which is $500.

Several years ago they were working on some prototypes for Lenni.  That may be what they were talking about.  Those never did go into production.  The carriage system is all that is available at this time for Lenni.  It may be possible to use the wheels for the freedom (old style channel lock) on the Lenni, but they have a hub on them which makes them wider where the bolts go through.  You may be able to order those wheels, but there would be no instruction or the correct bolts for Lenni.  This would be an "at your own risk" type of situation.  In other words.... this installation would NOT be backed by the seller of the wheels or by the EdgeRider Company.

Archived