Finally finished, A month later.

I finally finished the purple and black snowball quilt that you all gave me suggestions for. I tried and ripped so many things on this that it has probably been quilted three times over. But, it was time to be done with it so this is what I ended up with. Not great, but it's done and I'm ok with it.

post--13461900514396_thumb.jpg

Peggy,

You are too hard on yourself. It is wonderful and you did a great job!!:D Clam shells are are so much ruler work and it takes time to learn. You and I are both in a hurry to do so much............ LOL. I had been wondering where you were lately and now I know - love your quilt!! Keep up the great work and let me know all about camp. I would love to be there too!

Oh! Peggy! You did wonderful on that.. I love it, the clamshells were perfect for the filler, the wreaths.. You did terrific kiddo.. Big pats on the back.

Besides.. look at a rose bush, a mum, peony, violet.. panzy, daisy, or clamshell, and just try to find two perfect, identical ones.. it doesn't happen.. I do hope you relaxed and enjoyed it.. It truely is beautiful, and the main thing is your attitude to it.. it's ok..

Love the colors.. wow. Am I going into a purple & yellow phase.??

You did good. RitarR

I love the fact that you stuck with it and finished it. It reminds me of an oriental quilt I did once that was called "Lanterns" the snowballs look like the chinese lanterns, and the flowers in the black have an oriental flavor. The "clamshells" are very appropriate and compliment that look. I called them "fish scales" in my oriental quilt.

Thanks for posting the pictures. Inspirational!

Peglu,

Great job, it looks fabulous! I really like the look of the piano keys in the border and I have found that it is a good way to finish a border that is a little wavey - although yours may not have been...how did you do those feathered wreaths? Do you have a circle lord or did you use a stencil or just wing it?

Vicki

I really like the designs elements you choose for your snowball quilt, they all work together fabulously, your quilting and the quilt is just lovely. I especially like the clam filler, boy are you brave;), so very glad you posted this, just may copy your clam fillers. I'm making a snowball quilt now just to try out my new CL and templates on.

Thanks

Terry

WOW, PEGGY YOU DID IT.

You are definately running with the big girls. what a great job. Love the clamshells and feathers. the piano keys look great on the borders. You have arrived girl keep up the good work. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Love the colors and pattern too. Congratulations. Jeanne

Peggy,

I think it looks great!!! I love the clamshells!! They make a great background fill. I think you did a great job---much much better than you give yourself credit for. How did you keep the rows so straight? Did you use a clamshell ruler? You are making such great strides in the short time you've had that machine!!! I'm so proud of you and you should be proud of yourself!!!

Thanks all for your kind words of encouragement. I didn't use a template for the 'clamshells' ( I am thinking of calling them mum or zenia petals :P) but I did make registration marks to guide me (thank you Pam Clarke) . The feather wreaths are CL and the piano keys were done using the channel locks to tame some just a bit wavy borders. Now I am going to try my hand at pantos. That should go fast compared to this one.

Hey! I have not attempted clamshells yet... (perhaps I am a bit apprehensive??) but I admire your tenacity to do all of those clamshells on this quilt. It looks great. Be super proud of your efforts. Every quilt we work on we learn something or develop our skills. Give yourself a congratulatory hug and pat on the back. :) Great job, Peggy!!!

Archived