SR and Bobbin winding

Hi all

I have a Bernina 440 and wind my bobbins for my Lenni on it and it works great, still have to learn to quilt but that is another story.

My SR makes a beep beep beep noice when in use, is that what it's suppose to do? Not that it bothers me, just that in the instructions it said if its beeping your are moving to fast,well can't go any slower or the machine will stop. Do I have to change the setting on the wheel with the Turtle on?

Thanks

Oh I have worked out my bobbin tension.

Christine

http://onceuponaquilt.blogspot.com

Christine,

Yes the SR beeps or chirps when engaged. The turtle and rabbit are exactly what you think. That's the speed control or stitches per inch control. When the SR is on, increasing the stitches per inch, will speed up the needle when you move the machine. If the SR is off, the control determines how fast the needle goes but you have to move the machine to control the length of the stitches. I'm not sure where it says that you're moving too fast if it beeps so I can't address that. I hope this helps!!!

Christine

My machine beeps when the SR is engaged. I believe it's meant to.

I tried winding my bobbins on the Bernina but found the thread kept winding around the base of the spool. Any ideas on how I can pevent this as I think the Bernina winds spool better than the side winder. Also how wound you wind from a cone?

Hi Chris

I used Rasant in the bobbin so it wound just like I would for the Bernina, not sure when using a cone, I think I might purchase a cone stand for the bernina. That would mean I could use the thread on both machines.

Will have to look in to that.

So when you have the SR on you change nothing else on the machine?

Thanks

Christine

http://onceuponaquilt.blogspot.com

Yes, the stitch regulator beeps or chirps when it is on to let you know that the system is engaged. The chirping is a safety feature and a reminder for you not to try to re-thread the needle or change the bobbin while you hear the chirping.

We just had a APQS Road Show here at the shoppe this past weekend and Tony from APQS was educating us on all of the different features of the quilting systems.

Archived