Dirty Power fix

jkerekes

Oh, I have a Tripplite battery backup. I think that's how you spell it. I've been told that it will give me ten minutes to pack up and get out of town once the power goes off. Fortunately, I've not had the opportunity to test it. We've had a couple of power blinks, and nothing negative happened to my machines. I guess that's a good thing.

The battery is very very heavy, and it's about twelve inches cubed. It has several places to plug in all kinds of gizmos from 2-pronged plugs, to USB and other stuff I don't understand. I think that may be for computers, telephones, etc.

It sounds an alarm when the power source is interrupted, has lights that blink, and other bells and whistles I don't understand.

All I know is the ten minute window--that's all I need to know.

This link shows a model that is comparable to mine.

http://www.tripplite.com/EN/products/model.cfm?txtSeriesID=422&CID=1&txtModelID=5

I use the trip-lite and APC UPS. I have a bunch of sewing machines and computers. I do have a voltage regulator which also is a surge protector on my HGTV (we have bad voltage flux in VA Beach). Your local electronic store can recommend what's needed in your area.

Archived