Repair parts on hand

Victoria,

I just went through this and talked to Christy and Amy. Here is the list we came up with. It might be a little over-kill, but these are all things that you might need in the middle of the night or some time down the road.

pig tails (thread guides) - 4

hook assembly - 1

check spring (top tension) - 2

bobbin case tension discs - 3

motor brushes -1

fuses

needle screws -3

grease -1

gear cap - 1

bobbin case (2-3)

Hope this helps.

You might want to add some 4.5 needles for some of the heavier threads if you use them. I just bought 100 of the 3.5 & the 4.0. It sounds like a lot but I figured I wouldn't have to worry for quite some time. I ordered my needles through Columbia River. Make sure you get the Singer. If you order some of the above parts from APQS, you can order extra needles at the same time - saves on handling and shipping for everything to come at once.

This is what I keep on hand...

pig tails

3.5 and 4.0 needles probably 2 packages of each

bobbin cases (2 extra)

rubber tubing for on board bobbin winder

I've been at this for 4 years. I just checked my motor brushes because I hear of folks putting in new brushes. Call me lucky (now watch them wear out), but mine looked fine. The only thing I have had a problem with is my pig tails because I use a lot of monopoly thread. Every year at MQS I visit the Longarm Connection booth and pick up any parts I have used and any I think I may need. That way I am not paying shipping - I hate paying these crazy shipping costs. I have a local dealer that stocks many items so I could go there if needed, but usually I buy a couple of packages of needles and pigtails, maybe a new bobbin case and I am good to go.

Janice,

Country Lane Quilting, Janet Mitchell and Mary Hibbs are the APQS dealers in Lee's Summit. Brad and Marjorie Wakefield have become dealers at Rogersville, MO, just east of Springfield, not sure what all they will be keeping on hand, but that would be another one for you to think about. Country Land has some things, but not everything, of course they couldn't stock all of the parts. I have been able to get some things from them if needed, usually I don't need anyting throughout the year - knock on wood. I do a little inventory right before MQS to see what I need to stock up on an get it there.

Archived