Feedsack DWR nothing special but quite nice!

Here is one of my rescue quilts. Got it on ebay from North Carolina. It looked like cheap bras sewn together out of calico and old dresses. I just quilted all over it to ease in the bumps (used Hobbs Polydown), gave it a nice hot wash in lots of Oxy stuff. Impressed myself by making and attaching curved bias binding and now it looks OK!

;)LINZI x

post--13461900566627_thumb.jpg

This DWR is big enough for a double/queen bed - about 6 foot each way at a guess. I just squished the binding round the inner curves. The Alex Anderson book said to pull the curves until straight and use lots of pins. I just pulled it straightish and didn't use any pins. This isn't a show quilt but I did at least sew the binding on the back by hand. The binding is quite wide because some of the edges had worn away so it just holds everything in. I've got another one but it has been made into a square. I've also got 2 ugly feedsacks. They were bought to practice feathers etc but they tend to be too lumpy to actually do that. The thing is, when they are finished they all look great - really worn and interesting. Lots of non fabric shop stuff - shirts, linens, crimplene etc. The quilt police would never let them out in public!

LINZI x

Linzi - great job!

I really didn't like the feed sack prints when they came back.... I had to do a baby quilt of them, and all I could think of when looking at them was "old linoleum". Now I spend lots of time collecting them too!

You did an awesome job of quilting this one!

Archived