NQR-zoo pictures of GD

Hi April,

I wasn't sure where Everton is--I am 200 miles N of Springfield, and have been trying to get my Emma to the zoo in KC. She would LOVE the elephant--her 'favorite animal.' We read Wild Animal Babies books, so she will probably know more animals than me. Just wish I could get her when we could make the trip--a couple of hours from my house to the zoo. I have enjoyed your pics!

rosalee

It's more than worth it to take a child to the zoo (even when grandma is recovering from a sprained ankle). What fun!!! We have Leah every 2 or 3 weeks for the weekend and my DH likes to take her and whoever else is staying some place special. Leah also likes to make chocolate chip cookies for Papa and sew on her quilt when she stays. She's a busy little girl.

April, Leah is a little beauty. I can tell she & her Papa are BFF. :) I really like the pic of her on Papa's shoulders--it's as though they are both gazing off in different directions and imagining something very interesting. Glad she can enjoy those special times with her grandparents. I hope your sprained ankle recovers soon. Soft tissue injuries are the longest to get over. Even the soft tissues around broken foot from Nov. 2006 is still giving me problems walking on uneven (rocky) surfaces. Take care.

Archived