WHERE'S THE ELEPHANTS

Well, after over a year of travel and lots of adventures--the critters are headed to their respective homes. Monkey and Pup will live with Shana and Ms. Chick will be forwarded to her new coop in Tennessee with Teresa.

What fun this was--the journal is priceless. You would need a spreadsheet to figure out all the "I took out/ I put in" combinations!

I really needed to remove some weight before shipping to Alaska ($$$) so any yardage included went to the Bushfire Relief Quilters in Australia. As instructed by Shana and Barb, I took some goodies to distribute to the Moxies next month. Then I added a treat for Shana and one for Teresa. The box was still over 13 pounds--but better than 20 pounds!!

This thread has had over 5000 views! Thanks for the fun!!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Gator

I would love to help get a story written but don't have any magazine connections.

Connie,

I found your "connections" and here they are: I know Mary Beth submitted a story for possible publication, so I am sure you can, too.

Unlimited Possibilities

http://www.upquiltmag.com/submissions.html

IMQA "On Track" magazine

http://www.imqa.org/ContactIMQA.htm

How exciting, Linda! The critters and their journey is almost to an end. I have some fun things to do with them in North Pole. Stay tuned...photos coming to a familiar chat site near you!

Linda, thanks for pulling a bunch of things out to share with everyone, and the fabric going to Australia...wonderful idea! It's all good.

And, I have some things to help keep Teresa's little chick company in the box traveling from AK to TN.

Quilters are the best people in the world.

One of the two "white elephant" boxes arrived at its final destination this week. Today I picked the box up from the post office and showed the critters the greater downtown North Pole area to include Santa Claus's house, Santa's big throne where he usually sits, his reindeer pen, and of course, my three German Shepherd dogs enjoyed meeting them, too. It was a bright sunny nice day outside today so great day to be out and about.

post--13461901385247_thumb.jpg

It sure was FUN! :) The box stopped and visited over 50 quilter's homes through its journey and took 14 months to travel from start to finish.

Thanks to everyone for a WONDERFUL TRIP AROUND THE STATES! The box of goodies was great. I loved reading the journal.

You all are a beautiful group of women and I am honored to know you and be part of this chat. Thank you.

Now the journal and a few special things are getting shipped off to Teresa. :) Teresa initiated this idea and started this journal on page 1, so she should put a final entry in and keep the journal as a special memory.

Thank you, Teresa! :) (((hugs))) This was really a nice idea.

post--13461901387844_thumb.jpg

Well it looks like those three had a great day in the snow and sunshine....

And such well trained puppers.....they didn't even take a bite or even look like they wanted to...sorta like Sara...just a bit bored with the whole thing. Take the picture mom, I have some kibble calling my name.....:P;)

Yeah, the critters made it!!! Wow, that was a long journey but a happy one! Loved the pics of all their stops. I'd love to have fit in the box with them and visit each of you. The pictures helped add to this and I'm thankful for each of you that took your valuable time to share and do this. Thank you Teresa and thank you Shana. Enjoy the critters and I'm thankful to have participated in this fun event. Maybe we can do it again sometime.

Yea!!!!! Their home. What a great journey. Maybe when they reach Teresa we can write the critters/box story including some pics if you all still have them. I will be in Greensboro, NC taking the Wild Women's classes but will be home next week. Honestly ladies, the "end of the journey" brought "tears to my eyes". Do we know where the other box is (west to east coast)?

Archived