My sweet DH

jmcclannan

My basic model Janome DSM was acting up and I was really grumpy about it last night so I asked my husband to take it in today while I was at work. Well, imagine my surprise when I came home today and there in my sewing cabinet was a brand new fancy-shmancy Janome. What a guy! And to top it off, I have a three day weekend to play!!!:D:P:D

Man what a guy.....got ta love that one....and keep him too.

I have a sad story to tell you....I took my 6500 Janome into the Doctors office about 3 weeks ago, because it had a tummy ache (tension was wonky)...I was promised I would have it back ASAP, should be only a 24 hour turn around for repairs at factory.

I was trying to get a wedding quilt done for a October 18th wedding (which by the way isn't going to happen now), but anyway....I was just told on Tuesay of this week that my machine has been lost for these last 3 weeks, AND no one has any clue where it is. UPS...says they delivered to New Jersey....New Jersey says they have never received it...now UPS is saying OOPS....guess we don't have a clue where it is...it never left the original dock it was put on....SO now guess what. I have no machine, and I have no idea when it will be replaced, by either UPS or the sewing store.

They are telling me that they insured it for $1000...which we know won't replace the machine, I blew up. I don't do that very often, but I got angry...I want my machine or an equal machine. I wasn't selling the machine, they lost it. The store is trying to tell me it was a used machine so its not worth the value of a new machine. And they aren't responsible for it being lost that UPS is....okay, that's fine UPS can pay the insurance of $1000, but who is going to pay the balance of the cost of a new machine, I'm not. I wasn't selling the machine it was going for repair.

I guess my bitch is this....if the machine has a replacement value of say $1800 why would you only put a $1000 as the value....:mad::mad:

Oh, Bonnie. Don't you just want to throw something??? I hope they find your machine. After all, it has to be somewhere!?!?! A number of years ago we were moving from Colorado to Spokane, Wa and somehow the boxes with my sewing machine and fabric was sent to Walla Walla. It took them 6 weeks to find it and I was DISTRAUGHT! Moving men (and UPS guys) just don't understand the bond we have with our machines.:(:mad:

Julie you deffinately have a keeper of a DH! Have fun this weekend :)

Bonnie;

I am feeling your anger as well, the store and UPS should split the cost to REPLACE your machine with the exact model or if it is no longer available then with the model that took it's place. Please keep us inform on how this is resolved...if you need us to send letters/e-mails to the store to let them know our dissappointment in how they are handling this let us know, I would be more than happy to send them a what for letter.

Oh Bonnie, I feel that you should receive a new machine. It has already been three weeks...how long are you expected to wait? As you left it at the store then surely they are responsable. They can give you a new machine and it's then up to them to go chasing insurance monies. That's my logic anyhow. Hope it all pans out for you

Julie, You sure are a lucky girl. Hve fun playing with your new baby. I expect there will be a little extra in his Christmas stocking? lol

Bonnie, I'm with you and you should be angry, I would have probably used some of my sailor language on them. They should be responsible for getting you a new machine. The insurance was for the repairable machine but now you have nothing to repair so they should give you a machine that could do what the lost one can. I'ld charge them for "loss of work also", quilting is your business. What would happen if you took UPS trucks away or the repair facility lost its' technicians? Bonnie, you go girl!!!

Julie, congrats!!! have fun using your new machine!!! Don't foget show and tell!!!

Archived