A quilt I finished tonight

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh those feathers are to die for!! What a beautiful quilt! I'd have to try something different on the next one--just because I'm not much for repeat performances (not that I have one performance like your post!) Thanks for the great pics--and including the wonderful shot of your companion! Jane

Shana, I'm with everyone else here...your quilting on this one was awesome. The selection of quilting designs was the perfect choice for each & every location. And, of course, those feathered areas were perfectly executed. Beautiful, lovely, gorgeous, graceful feathers...You've nailed them!:):)

Thanks for sharing the end result of this quilt. Please be sure to show us the next one, too!

Originally posted by yolanda

Love your feathers,!

What kind of template did you use? also do you draw it out on paper before working on the quit?

Hi Yolanda. I used a curved spine (looks like a big "S") template created by Linda Mae Diny and I marked the S curve of the spine with a blue pen. Everything is freehand filled in. Those feathers just laid where they wanted to go and I filled the space.

I can't believe your interpretation of "whatever"!!! It is so beautiful and I can't believe how soon you learned to do awesome feathers, you must have been practicing before you got your machine!!!!!! This is such a cute quilt. Maybe you could do the same thing and maybe do a bit of the feathers with some varigated thread in purples and greens. Just an idea. I shudder to think what your quilting would look like if you could play with your machine all day! You can't get much better you know! Love your dog, makes me miss our Shepherd that we used to have but I love my Husky. I have a Quilt Shop in Meadow Lake that I only open on Mondays and Tuesdays and I just got home. You would think I was gone a month. Now she will follow me everywhere for a few days. Right now she is lying right behind my chair, in case I get up and go somewhere! Her name is Shasta. Funny how we get so attached. They love us no matter, even if we leave for awhile. Keep on going Shana, love your work!

Cher

Archived