I've got a doosy that needs suggestions- Done with pics

Depends on the amount of effort and $$... if it was me:

wiggly lines from each star centre to the points - gold or varieg.

gold thread or a bright variegated to do a wiggly line up and down each pointy thing then something swirly in the big coloured areas

black bubbles inside the odd black shapes

something curly or feathery in the outside black areas or more bubbles - either in varieg or black

(wish I could do that superimposing thing!)

BUT I do always seem to do mini detail when something simple would do!

I like the quilt btw!

LINZI x

I would McT around the small marioners compass' in each block, do a small wiggle line from the center to the tip of each point in the small star and then back into the center so you can keep it continious. Then in the large ovals, I would stitch in a simular way in the triangle units that surround the McT'g that you've done. In the larger background of colored areas I would do a do some drawing with a curly-q- type thing with the curl being in the fat part of the triangle. At each tip where you have more color, use that same drawing and flip it so that the curly parts are at the biggest part and the extra line would come into the sharp points. In the black, I would put in some meandering ferny feathers, and I love the idea of METALIC thread. To me, these look like handblown Christmas decorations that I've seen and the metalic thread would really set them off.

I hope that this makes sense. And remember this suggestion is worth just what you paid for it! I can't wait to see what you come up with so you will have to post pics!!:cool:

Sorry all you SID lovers. The quilt top just wasn't pieced well enough to do it. The ditches were too wonky, although I did my best to stitch around the mariner's compass. Sorry all you gold and varigated lovers - it seems customer isn't such a lover. Linzi, I did use bubbles/pebbles in the black centers but you can't see it in the picture. The background black is sort of a combination of McT and pointy 1-2-3's. You can't see that very well either. The colored part used a suggestion from Jean Shute from MQR chat. Surely am glad that one is done. Now onto the other 42 before the end of November.

post--13461900611498_thumb.jpg

Archived