Start/stop

MarieBrewer

Ok, Ok, Ok, I know I need to take a class or ten but until I can, how do you guys secure your thread when you start in the middle of the quilt and how do you secure it when you end in the middle (change the bobbin etc)? I got my Mille about the 15th of Dec, put it together and finally got to play yesterday for about an hour. Beats all how life can get in the way!!

Marie,

Where ever I start/stop, I do the same thing. Pull up the bobbin thread, holding both threads at the same time, take two or three small stitches almost on top of each other. This seems to secure the thread for me. Others pull up the bobbin thread, start stitching and then go back and take the threads and bury them in the batting.

Hope this helps,

Charlene

Marie

When you start bring up your bobbin thread with the needle up button(yellow right knob) Hold bobbin and top thread and simply do two or three stitches with your needle up button (yellow right knob) between the up and down of the needle give the threads a slight tug as to put the needle down in a bit of a different spot and repeat until the threads do not slip. When stopping simply take two or three stitches back over the last two or three stitches.

If your bobbin runs out or your thread breads. Try to take the stitches back to a spot that you can hide the new start. Bring your bobbin thread up in the stitchline about three stitches back so you stitch over those stitches to secure them . Remember to lock you new start as described above . Try to make the new start as unnoticeable as possible,. With a little practice you will get good at it.

Another method is to bring up the bobbin thread and take some stitches. Then go back with a self threading needle and bury the threads. This method really hides the starts and stops. Hopefully this helps you until you take some classes. "Keep practicing"

Myrna

Archived