Tumbling blocks finished

wow, I just love it!!! It is really, really beautiful. Looks really cool draped over the bars too. Give it sort of an optical illusion of the blocks tumbling down. ther cc looks great on the blocks and the feathers are magnificant. Is it a customers quilt or your own. Someone is really going to love it who ever gets this beauty. Great Job. Jeanne

I don't own a longarm yet but your quilting is magnificent. I'm trying to wrap my brain around how you do a feather that big on your table. Do you quilt and then roll until one feather is done and then roll the quilt back up to the top? It's overwhelming trying to figure it out! :P I've never been good at puzzles so maybe getting a longarm is not a good idea for me. :o

JoJo

Very nice! Are those pebbles around the feathers? The smaller feathers emphasize the size of the large tumbling blocks. The perspective is probably off because of the mechanics of photography, but that's what it looks like to me. You could have made giant feathers to fill that whole space and would have gotten a whole different outcome. It's interesting. Thanks for posting the finished quilt.

You are all way too nice! I think that I will post more often.

This customer brought me two quilts, this one and another that I posted a picture of today. The post read need ideas. It is the Hobo quilt as she calls it. She had seen a sampler that I had done for a friend of hers. When she came to see me the first time she brought the Hobo quilt and another one. She did not bring backings and drove a good thirty minutes to get here. I felt that she was "checking" me out.

When she came back she brought the Hobo quilt, which she had already paid someone to quilt and then tore it all out, and this one.

I have been a bit nervous about these and want her to be happy. After all of your responses I am feeling better.

Thanks for the kind words!

Jane

Archived