fabric advance

You just loosen the brakes on three rails - very easy, just turn the handles - then using your hands roll the quilt on the bar. It is not difficult or awkward to do. Once you roll it as far as you like, tighten the brakes. There is no wheel to turn, you do turn the rail to roll up the quilt. When the brakes are loose, the rail turns easily.

I use this as a chance to check my stitches on the back and look for loose threads. I guess you don't miss what you don't have. I personally have never felt a need for an auto fabric advance.

• 2 weeks later...

I find the hand advance on the frames, very hard on the hands, wrists and fingers.. but they are loaded with arthritis.. Osteo.. Still trying to find an inexpensive advance that we could try to add to Penny. If anyone has a VERY inexpensive one, I might be interested... depending on when we'd have to pay or give it up.

RitaR

• 1 year later...

Rita, I don't know if this will help, Grizzly tools has handwheels in their catalog. I suppose others do too. You could measure your tube ends and maybe come up with some larger hand wheels to help out? These wheels are the ones used on tools like the table saw etc..., to raise, lower,and tip the blade. Good luck and take care---Dave B.

I think its www.grizzlytools.com or just google it

Jane and Dave, Wow, wish I'd seen that before himself made the crank type handles..

Actually I'm looking for something powered.. He's made the crank handles, a diff brake, and that's working a lot better for me. Still, powered would be so much easier.

Thanks for the help, am going to do more surfing on that site, grizzley site, before I am done.. Fascinating things there.

Thank you, again.

Archived