Abby Is Spectacular

Well, it's been quite some time since I've been able to get away from the world at large and check in with everyone. Hope all are well. After finally getting all the parts and managing to assemble her, I spent several days just standing in the doorway staring at her. Part of me not believing she was actually there and part of me too intimidated to touch her. Not being able to stand it anymore, I told my husband he was on his own for the evening and made my way up to Abby's room. She was still there, patiently waiting for me to play. I've too many unfinished quilt tops to mention, but I put on a lap size quilt that I'd had trouble with my previous machine breaking thread every six inches (and I'd spent several days ripping every inch of the quilting out!) and decided as her first "test" to use the same thread I'd been unable to complete the quilt with before. I knew in my heart I had a wonderful machine but after so many disappointing hours at my old one I was quite trepedatious at tapping that green button! Abby never skipped a beat! Using a panto from the original shipment I finished the quilt in 1/2 an hour without the thread breaking once! I cannot begin to describe my euphoria after months of fighting with my other quilter. Abby is currently holding a queen size quilt and hoping to get to her this weekend. I dream of the day when perhaps I can quit my dayjob and just quilt! Well, speaking of dayjobs, that's where I am now and I see a customer walking towards the stockroom....darn...guess I'd best get going. Thanks to all for you support and encouragement thus far and hope I will be able to help someone on this forum as well after Abby and I have bonded even further! Take care, God bless and Happy Stitchin'. Hmmmm, now if I can just think of a name the quilt shop......;)

Yes, "Abby's" last name is Lenni :D and is just perfect for the space I have available. Especially w/ the sectional table as my sewing room is upstairs at this time. Hoping in a few years to build our own home (with all my quilting $$$ I'm going to make; according to my husband) and I'll have sewing room to spare.;) The first set-up I had was a Brother 1500, Handi-Quilter frame and two, six foot banquet tables. It actually worked like a dream for several tops and then just could NOT get the tension set so it wouldn't break thread.:( Gave up on that for quite awhile and just kept making tops until the day we could get a "real" long-arm! Hoping to find time one of these days to figure out how to post some pics. Well, I'm at the dreaded place at the moment, work :mad: and had best be off. 'Til later, take care, God bless and Happy Stitchin'!

kat;)

Archived