Seam Rippers

Updated 11/1/08 - New photo, 4 new premium Box Elder burl + 1 new stabilized wood, Pomelle Bubinga. These will be the last seam rippers available until at least mid November. I'm out of town from 11/2 - 11/9 traveling on business.

premium3.jpg

Left to right, Teal, Teal & Violet Double Dyed, Violet, Wine, Red, Blue, Green, Pomelle Bubinga, and Tye Dye Acrylic.

Premium woods are $20 + shipping, acrylics are $24 + shipping.

I also have 3 chain ripper bowls I made several months ago. Once they're gone I don't plan to make any more. The bowl portion is left thicker than normal and has a wide flat base for additional stability. $30 Ea + 8.95 shipping.

chainripper.jpg

Thanks

Jason

=====================

OK. My husband is back at it and is in the garage creating more seam rippers. He asked that I let everyone know and if anybody has a special request he's more than delighted to fulfill it!

I've just finished this quilt for a customer. I really love quilting on Minkee!

post--13461900646267_thumb.jpg

My husband is a wood turner and I requested that he make me a seam ripper with a longer thicker handle so he did. Once my quilting groups saw it all the ladies wanted one as well so he made a bunch, listed a few on Etsy and put a few into our LQS. Everything sold out and there were still a few ladies who wanted to purchase some so he has made more. He now has a "regular" and "premium" type seam rippers prepared. I can post pictures of them if you'd like me to.

I just thought I'd give the list the first crack at the new batch before they go to the LQS or up on Etsy.

Good evening/morning ladies. This is Judy's DH, Jason, up burning the midnight oil. In Woodturning circles we don't use DH and DW to describe our spouses, we usually refer to our spouses as SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) so the DH/DW thing will take some getting used to. To answer a couple of questions, the main difference between the standard and the premium seam rippers is the quality of the wood used. The premium seam rippers have been made from only the highest quality woods available. Primarily professionally dyed and resin stabilized Box Elder Burls and Amboyna Burl.

If anyone has any other questions I'll be checking back in or you can contact me directly at jclark58@gmail.com

Thanks,

Jason

Jason, I will definitely be contacting you for several of the rippers, 6-8. I know at least one will be the Teal Box Elder and one will be the Red Box Elder. I have a quilt group gathering at my home twice a month and it would be nice if the rippers looked different enough so they wouldn't be confused. FYI, I checked out your work on a different site in the past. Your work is beautiful! I absolutely love some of the bowls that you made, I have even shown your work off to people that I work with. However, I have lost the listing for the site, can you please re-post the link?

Dianne

Hi Ladies, It's Jason again.

Victoria, Shipping is a flat $5.95 for orders of up to 10.

Diane, I've set aside the teal and red premium rippers for you. I'm sure we can find more than enough additional seam rippers that are unique enough not to be easily confused. My website is http://www.fourcornerswoodturning.com We also have some items listed on Etsy at http://fourcornerscrafts.etsy.com and new items are being listed all the time.

I've also updated the group photo to reflect those that have been spoken for via email. You may need to refresh your browser to see the new image.

Jason Clark

Four Corners Woodturning

Jason, Thank you for posting the link, but the one for Etsy doesn't work. On the selection above, I would also like to purchase #2,6,7,12,14,and 17. I need to find two more. Do you have any others that look like #13 or 15? I plan on getting 10 rippers. I think they would make nice gifts for the women that join me monthly for quilting.

Dianne

Ok the link for Four Courners doesn't seem to be working either. Maybe it's my computer but I was able to google the site and had it come up. I thought the European Olive and the Monterillo rippers looked quite nice. (Actually they all do) Are they the standard rippers? If so then add them to the red, the teal, #2,6,7,12,14,and 17. Please let me know what I owe and where to send a check.

Thank You, Dianne

Jason, Thank you for the quick reply. If you are able to can you make me a something similar to #4 and #15? Along with the other 8 you have set aside, that should put me up to 10. I love your selection of woods. Do the rippers come tagged with the type of wood that they are made of? Just think that adds interest.

Thank you again, Dianne

I've had several requests for some more premium teal seam rippers. The only Teal one I have at the moment has been sold but I'm getting ready to order some more wood for a small run of premium seam rippers. I'm ordering dyed and stabilized Box Elder Burl in Blue, Wine, Green, Red, Teal, Violet, and one or 2 other surprises.

Jason

Archived