Update

It has been a long time since I have updated the forum and wanted to say thanks for all the prayers and concerns for my family. I enjoyed reading the post almost daily and kept up with news from everyone. It was just hard to talk about until now.

My sister Nancy's cancer keeps coming back and she is ungoing radiation treatments now. Dr is not actually sure this is cancer on her lungs now but thinks it is and radiation is what they opted for. Her spirits are good and we hope it will get the cancer this time.

My step-son who I think of as my son was in a car accident over the summer and paralized from the chest down. He is home now and learning to cope. His second daughter was born two weeks after the accident and he is learning to "hold" her the best he can. His attitude is also great which helps tremendously.

On a happy note, I won the trip to go to Alex Andersons's Retreat in Novemember which is a welcomed diversion. My youngest daughter, Debbie will be going with me as their guest also. She is just getting the "bug" and we are both looking forward to the trip.

This forum is so meaningful and I appreciate you all even when you don't know I looking!!!!!!!

Thanks, Judi

Judi, bless your heart, you have had a bumpy road lately.

You know that there are a lot of prayer warriors here on this chat. I know that you know this, because you are one of them. You pray for Mary Beth's brother-in-law Jim, Patty Jo's Bill and Marie Brewer's grandson Case. Your heart is big enough to hold these folks even though your own burden is heavy.

Please tell us your sister's name and I will pray for her doctors to have wisdom so that she may be cured of this illness.

Your son's car accident is so sad especially since his paralysis keeps him from holding his newborn daughter. I would like to know his name, too. It helps to put a name to folks when we lift them up in prayer.

I do know your name, though Judi. And you can be sure that I will be praying for you to have strength to get through the tough times.

Please continue to visit here. It is a good diversion. And enjoy your retreat. WooHoo, what a prize.

Thank you all for your prayers and support as I knew you would be this way. My sister's name is Nancy and Chip is my son.

Holly, I look forward to meeting you at the retreat. Any suggestions just let me know. I am excited to be going and looking forward to sewing which I have not been doing lately!!!

Thanks again to everyone. Judi

Judi, I don't recall hearing about this before, but it certainly will go on my prayer list.. so many of us need and all can use prayers, but some requests or needs are just a bit more special to remember.

Hugs around to you all,

Congrats on the weekend win.. enjoy the heck out of it and enjoy that special time with Debbie.. it can't be done over.

Hugs, God Bless

RitaR

OMG Judi, You've have really been through alot lately. Let's hope your sister's doctor is right and it isn't cancer. What are the chances for your step son regaining any use of his lower body? Your poor daughter in law has her hands full as well. Have a great time at the retreat nest month you certainly need it.

Dianne

Originally posted by appr216

Thank you all for your prayers and support as I knew you would be this way. My sister's name is Nancy and Chip is my son.

Holly, I look forward to meeting you at the retreat. Any suggestions just let me know. I am excited to be going and looking forward to sewing which I have not been doing lately!!!

Thanks again to everyone. Judi

If you already have a project in mind to work on, try to have the cutting done before you get there. That way you can spend the whole time sewing. I have a kit that I bought a year ago that I'm going to work on. I just about have all the cutting done.

Leave some space in your bag(s) to take stuff home. Even if you don't go shopping, there will be things you'll need to take home. There are some great quilt shops in the area and we'll set up a caravan or two.

There is Show & Tell so bring something if you can and if you want to. It's now limited to 2 quilts I believe, because it was just taking too long!

Diane, Chip's injury is permanent. He can move his arms but he cannot grip with his hands. He is 28 with two small children of his own and two others girls from his wife's first marriage. And yes his wife has her hands full. She has been a trooper and right by his side except for 2 and a half days while she gave birth to their youngest! I think the support of her and his love for all the girls is what is keeping him going.

Holly, I have a small quilt in mind for Chip that I was hoping to take to the retreat. For Show & Tell I am not sure as I haven't really started anything for awhile. Most of what I have got done I have given away. Thanks for the hints and again thanks to all for your prayers. Judi

I'll remember you in my prayers too, Judi. It can be overwhelming, can't it. I thank you for sharing your life with us. Counting my blessings when I am down gets me up quicker than anything else. I'm glad to hear Chip has such a positive attitude. And his wife sounds like a good one! That will help immensely. God bless you.

((((((HUG))))))))

Archived