Houston - APQS New Products

I just hate that I'm not going this year. This will be the first time in many years that I did not attend the Houston Show. It is the BEST quilt show ever I think.

You gals and guys have fun.

I wish I could have see Quilt Studio but I'm sure now that it has made it's grand entrance it will be at other shows.

What is "its own format"?

Enjoy the Show,

Grammie Tammie

Hi everyone

I forgot to answer IBQLTN2 about Lucey's features. Lucey is just the same a Lenni but with a larger throat and the carriage looks a little different. Lucey has some pretty decals on her too.

Debbie, Yes you are right Quilt Glide is similar to Cruise mode.

Looking forward to meeting you Kenna on Saturday.

Sue

My friend went to the Houston Show and i am waiting for her to tell me all about it.We have gone to some shows here in PA and NJ but found far fewer people attending. Maybe because of the price of gas. We go for inspiration and ideas we can use to use up our stash. She can do a quilt in two hours on the Millenium. It takes me two days.

Originally posted by smorris

.... I think the format is .psd or .psq but don't worry about that your old .cmd and .cqp and the .dxfs will work, APQS (Tina) was very keen to make sure any CQ owners with APQS machines could use all the patterns they already have.

....Sue in Houston right now!

Wow Sue, thanks for the information! Then the Pre-Design DXF format will also work with Quilt Studio - yippeee!.

Hopefully Claudia will have a Quilt Studio in Krefeld soon, can't wait to get my hands on it :)

Thanks again Sue and enjoy your time in Houston!

Loes

Thank you Joann for that explanation. I understand now. It's unfortunate that it isn't available to older models. At least that is what I understand. Clarification would be nice. I tested the different levels of the A1. I was really impressed by ability to do intensive work and have such control. I thought it was a nice feature of that machine.

I saw the New Lucey is making her debut also. How are people responding to it?

Hope all of you are having fun. I am so sad I didn't get to go but I'm seeing my SON who is in from IRAQ and getting married in California this Saturday. My New Daughter in Law is a GEM. Can't wait to see them on Friday in the beautiful town of Georgetown.

Have a good week at the show.

I'm sure you too are excited about Quilt Studio. Looks like alot of quilters are excited to see it in action. I'm not sure I want to relearn another system. I've come to like my CQ so much and well I guess I'm comfortable with it. I do admit I want another Computerized system and hopefully will get one once my Studio remodel is completed. Just so anxious to get R Done. I'm really set on getting a larger throat but we will see.

Have you had time to review and get acquainted with the New CQ features? Pretty COOL!

Hugs Grammie Tammie

Hi

I' just catching up on this forum - the last few days at Houston were hectic. I just want to correct some information I gave about the new feature for the Millis.

The new feature is called QUILT GLIDE not Easy Glide. Price was correct for a retrofit $US1250.

Sue in Australia

Archived