Trip around the world.....

....of Jinny Beyer was my latest customer project!:)

I loved to quilt it and I spend maaaaaany of hours on it!

Now a question: how to get rid of the chalk I used???

I?ve tried already with a water sprayer, but there are still some pale signs on it:(

And......how to get more than one picture into this mail????

Have a great time...

Claudia from germany

post--13461897735507_thumb.jpg

Hi Claudia!

You make me wonder what I do with my spare time, that is a awesome job you did girl! ;)

I personaly do not care for the spray chalk in the can.

No way to control the coverage as it is sprayed, & the over spray is a mess.

It is okay on light colored fabrics, but I had a bummer of a time removing it from a black sateen whole cloth. The only thing that worked was to spray with water & lightly rub it.

I must have done this 10 times, & still there was a faint residue. Not to mention the nap of the fabric was nubbed!:(

If anyone has other ideas on how to remove from dark fabrics please enlighten us! :P

Miracle chalk is my chalk of choice, just steams off!:)

www.miraclechalk.com

Claudia,

Sherry brought that with her. She may know how to get it off. I've never used it. You need to get Miracel Chalk. It comes in powder form, crayons, and soap sliver like pirces. It comes off with your steam irom. AWESOME STUFF http://www.lovetoquilt.com/longarm_quilting_accessories/miracle_chalk_for_marking_quilts.htm

Myrna

Clover also has a steam away whote fine tipped pen that is great .

Myrna

Another one of your awesome quilts, Claudia, wounderful job!

I also like to use chalk (but I use chalk pencils) although Sue has tried to talk me out of it - due to the problems removing it.

My best bet so far is using a soft baby brush. Luckily, my daugther claimed her baby brushes for her doll supply. And she let me have one ...

Birgit

a great idea...Bigirt! I don?t have reserved a baby brush *heavily smiling* - my sons weren?t really interested to save this thing:-) And now - 10 years later- I could use it again - but anywhere in the house to find*lol*

I will buy a new one;)

Happy to see you in two weeks , when Karen Mc Tavish will show us how to quilt;)

Barb ...thank you for the great tipp of using a damp cloth:-) I?ll try it on monday!

Claudia

Archived