Houston - has anybody heard anything yet?

On another online group, the following information was posted:

Sharon Schambers won Best of Show.

Renae Haddadin got a first in her category.

Cathy Wiggins won something (i think 3rd)

Marilyn Badger won a judge's choice

Judy Woodworth won 1st in Category

Gina Perkes won the youngster award (called quilter of the future or

something like that)

Claudia Pfeil got an Honorable Mention

That's the information I have so far.

Birgit

Well, not one of my pictures turned out! I'm sooo disappointed! I did see Birget's, and Lola McGurk, and Swamp Hibiscus, and Ferret, your cows were hanging on the end on one of the inside aisles all by itself with a crowd around it! Lots of comments about how real they looked, one lady said it looked as if it would feel like fur if you touched it. How cool is that! And many, many more beautiful quilts! I want to thank everyone who enters their work in shows. Especially those who send your precious work overseas, that's a big risk! It really is a blessing to be able to see each one. Ribbons or no ribbons, each is a work of art and a thing of beauty. Thank you all!

COngrats to all the winners!! And to all who were talented and brave enough to enter and be accepted....kudos to you as well.

Jeanne, it's PPPP and you'll get there too! Besides, we are always our own worst critics. One of my art quilts that I wasn't going to even put in a gallery show got an buy offer from a viewer and I sold it for $100.00! Not much but it's money I wouldn't have had if I'd left the piece at home. ;)

Archived