stitches continue after switch is depressed

Hello -

First post to this forum, so please bear with me :)

I have the Millie (3yrs new) and when I depress the button to stop the stitching, it continues to give me a couple extra stitches. The yellow indicator lights also "flash" while this is happening too. Reading our "trouble shooting problems" of manual, this sounds like the idling is set too high and needs to be adjusted. I have the hood open and do not see the Idling positioning screw or the 50/60 Hz adj. screw, as noted in Appendix E of the control circuit board diag. I am putting the hood down and will wait for assistance:)

Thank you!!

Hi Rhonda

You may have already spoken to Mark or Connie but just in case you haven't - you should warm your machine up before making the adjustment to the No 8 pod. You can do this after you have been quilting for maybe 15 minutes or run the machine without thread for about 15 minutes and then make the adjustment.

Best wishes

Sue in Australia

Dear Sherry and Sue -

Thank you for the information.

First chance to run the machine for a few straight hours and it is running smoooothly:)

Again, thank you so much and I look forward to being a member of this valuable forum!

Enjoy your first week of June,

Rhonda

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Help!!, I am having trouble with my machine running after I have pressed a button to stop, it even started the sr without me giving the command! I have already tried the little gold screw on the #8 pod. Nothing I do seems to help. On my indicator lites the 4 and 5 flutter on and off and the motor speed sensor lite is on also. Can anyone walk me through this one. I am just going to walk away from it for now until I hear from someone. I'm sad, I wanted to start the new year off with control of this pup!!

Janey,

I can't help you with your machine but trust me when I say we have all had days like that please don't get to depressed it will be up and running in no time at all.

I have had so many days with my tension messing up I just wanted to sell my machine I think we all get a little impatient at some point with these machines at times. You will have so many good days its all part of learning process. I am sure someone on here or APQ will fix it right away.

Kim Cates

• 2 years later...

I'm having the same problem...the machine continues to cycle after trying to stop her. Have made the adjustment to the little screw on the #8 blue pod thingy. Made the adjustment after running the machine for about 30 minutes yesterday. Started out today just fine, but am doing tedious stitch-in-the-ditch work, so it's very, very slow going (I'm just learning this technique). After running her for about 2 hours, she's started her cycling bit again--won't shut off. Sometimes I have to run around to the back of the machine & hit the power switch!! Should I adjust the screw on the #8 pod a little more? If a whole turn was good, would another half be even better? Or is there a different adjustment I need to make? Should I let her rest for a bit, turning her completely off, to get her back into "cold" mode? That doesn't seem right...

SID is hard enough anyway, but to have the machine keep on stitching while you're trying to stop it is most frustrating!:(

Ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks.

Pat

AZ:cool:

Mille

Barb,

When you remove your top cover, the screw you adjust will be on the little blue pod that is the only one with a screw on its side, the same side you see your tension disks on. The blue pod is labeled #8. As was mentioned earlier, make the adjustment when the machine is "warmed up".

Pat,

You can rotate the screw even more. Sometimes it will take two or more complete revolutions to get the needle adjustment right. I actually like to OVERDO the adjustment until the needle hardly goes down and up when I touch the needle up/down button, then start going back the other way giving it more speed.

Janey Alice,

If you've adjusted that #8 limiting screw already (and have tried turning it several revolutions without success) then you may have another issue that Amy or Mark at the factory can help you with. Give them a call and see what happens--they are techie gurus!

Dawn

• 7 months later...

Archived