Owners and Dealers: about Lenni.

I placed an order with APQS for quite a few things, for the Lenni, yesterday.. Today.. we get a call when not home, of course, wanting to know which machine I have, I told them when I first began talking with the person, to place an order.. (and made a comment such as "so you'll know if what we are ordering will work on it, or if we need a different number" )

Today, the lady who called said, "I don't know what kind of machine you have, you have the Lenni? Does it have a thread cutter or not? "

IS A THREAD cutter available for Lenni???????????? I've not heard of one, nor can I find that option on the compare machines.. etc..

So, Owners, Dealers of Lenni.. Is there a thread cutter option, or do you have one, have you heard of one?????

So now I have to wait 3 days to get the order shipped. Could really use some of the parts.. bobbins. bobbin casing, pig tails, like last week.

Aww, I'm just frustrated.. but would like to know about the cutter, or any other options now available.. didn't know they'd come out with a one piece table, as we were told there would be no changes, no added features made available for Lenni..

Thanks for listening..

RitaR

Rita

that person that took your call must have been new or just doesn't know much about the machines as if you look at the specifications for the Lenni she would know that it doesnt come with one. I don't believe any of the machines except the Millenium come with it standard. Oh well, she'll learn soon we hope. Jeanne

Sylvia.. I wish I'd had the option of the one piece table. I think, the rails are placed wider apart, so it won't work well on the Lenni with the two piece table. Dealers and Reps, please let me know if that is right or wrong?

Brenni, that is such a tremendous offer. The pigtail and bobbin brake spring are the only items we were in a hurry for. Just wanted to get the other stuff to have on hand, and before prices go up, and possibly shipping, too.

It would cost us far more to drive up to get them than it would be worth.. being roughly 60 miles one way the gas, though dropping in price, still makes it hard to do. I really appreciate the generous offer though.

We ordered screws, bobbin casings, bobbins, brake springs, check springs, thread guides, needle bar screw, throat plate screw, Balk Knobs for tightening the rollers without the power advance.. and skipped the red caps At $6.50 EACH..

Thank you ladies for responding.. and um.. dealers.. ??

RitaR

Hi Rita,

I would think the "regular" staff at APQS is probably at Houston this week/weekend for International Quilt Market and Festival. I bet the person you spoke with was someone filling in and maybe not as familiar with the machines as the "regular" staff are.

To answer your question about a thread cutter on Lenni...no....it is not available..... I do not have one and I have not heard of any in the makings either.

Thanks Nadia.. I totally forgot about Houston.. short term prednisone memory.. and thanks for replying.

It's just frustrating to try to clarify everything and then find it's not been included in the basic info.. Besides they have my phone number, I didn't give it to her, so am sure they have a file of my purchase, accessories, etc.. I'd think the machine would be listed there.. Oh well, I just won't get them as soon as I hoped.

LOL Judy, I've been going thru a lot of things, but only pigtails and brake springs and red caps for the black knobs. Everything else is to just have on hand, and not have to wait to get. The only thing I wanted to order and himself got upset about were brushes for the motor. For those of you who own a Lenni, use just enough pressure on those black knobs, to hold the quilt in place. Replacement knobs do not come with the red caps, and those pretty little red caps on the bolts.. cost $6.50 each!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too pricy for me.

I am quilting a lot.. and not nearly what I wanted to, so far. between life and quilting, life has won out the last couple weeks.. things should settle down now, I pray, and Mruphy's Law has been on my shoulder, elbow or aprong pocket far too often.. can't find the shot gun to get rid of him, so trying to bleed him to death with pins when he gets too close.. then Of course I have to lean, or stoop over, if I can, to pick up all the stuff I've been dropping.. and he gets even.. shoves a stack of blocks off the table. He's really been a trial lately.. for hubby too. Sometimes we find both of us sitting on the floor picking things up, then trying to figure out how to get one of us up to help the other up. You know, Two Stooges Style?? LOL, that's not far from the truth.

RitaR

Rita, I said up front I wanted the one-piece table. I guess I must have been just lucky that they had one but that was sorta a biggie for me. I tried an HQ16 this past week at a local QS and thought the table was awful (I don't intend to hurt feelings here. I just wanted to be truthful from my point of view). The rails were also not strong feeling. I know they are supposed to be great machines and such but my table is just the best (of course I happed to think Lenni is also). You HQ16 folks out there please forgive me. I know we all have our favorites and I respect that.

Hi Sylvia.. you were lucky. When we first decided to order our Lenni, only the 2 piece table, metal, was available. then Before we got it the table was switched to a 2 piece with the wood top, nylon rails.. white countertop surface.. They didn't have a one piece table.

I'd much rather have the one piece table.. but won't pay for an upgrade.. don't think the wheels on Lenni would fit the side to side rails, but maybe they would.

thanks for the morale boost.

RitaR

Hi! Rita,

Here's a morale booster---your hazelnuts are on the way--I mailed them Thursday. I know they are the wrong kind of "nuts" that you need right now for your Lenni, but it'll give you something to do while you're waiting for the shipment.:D

Thanks for the chat.

John, Thanks for the answer.. I thought that was so, but this totally threw my peabrain.

Boni, they will be just in time.. since I'm going a little "nuts" lately. Oh, I can taste them already!

Thank you so very much.. glad you reminded me.. I'd totally forgotten about it.

RitaR.

Archived