CL zig zag and waves king template

bonbon

I just got the CL zig zag and waves king template.

I've checked out photos on blogs of different designs using these templates but don't really understand the steps to achieving these possible results.

Can anyone help me with this?

Just one example to start me off would be great. If I do the zig zag or waves horizontally on the quilt, do I have to turn the quilt to go the opposite way? If so, is there a trick to getting it lined up so it stays center with the already stitched zig zag or wave?

Thanks, BonBon

BonBon, I'm not sure how much this is going to help you, but there is an instructional video for the CL Zigzag template on the CL Blog. You can link to it from the CL website. I can't specifically answer your questions because I don't have and have never used a CL (though I REALLY want one), but the video will at least give you an idea of how that particular template is supposed to work. Good Luck :)

Hi BonBon--I have the ZigZag and wave boards and love them. I have used them to put special borders on quilts and I did have to turn the quilts for the design I did. I have also used the waves on the quilt for an ETE design. I directed the customer to the CL website, the digitizer designs, and let her decide which look she wanted. I put the quilt on my leaders lengthwise so I could quilt it from top to bottom. I did have to move the boards back and forth to quilt each row. I used the red square pieces of plastic that CL provided and taped them to my table to stabilize the boards as I moved them back and forth. I was actually quilting each row twice. I'll post a couple of pictures of one that I did.

BonBon on the CL website go to the Blog section, once there on the right side of screen is a button that says Zig Zag Template (or to that effect). At the bottom of that page are computerized charts that tell you how to achieve many different patterns using the Zig Zag pantos.

I'm waiting for my Zig Zag Pant to arrive now.

I'm really pleased with the entire CL setup and the Customer Service is Tops in my opinion. I fretted more about my CL purchase than I did about buying my machine...how silly. All I know is, using the CL makes Quilting so much more fun:)

Terry

Thank you ladies. All your info and pictures really helped.

Michael from CL called with help. How's that for customer service? Thank you Michael.

I hadn't seen or found the digitized charts previously.

When I get to work monday I will print them out. Much faster computer there and the printer actually works unlike mine at home. We are still in the ice age with dial up here at home where we can't get anything else.

I appreciate everyone on this forum!

Bonnie aka BonBon

Archived