Prewound bobbins

Myrna,

I am going to be putting an order in for my thread the later part of next week.

I am assuming that would be the L bobbins that I need.?

It seems that what I have seen on the board is that most everyone uses the Kings men quilting suppy company, I thought I would start there.

Any other information on supplies that people use would be wonderful.

Char

COATS PRE-WOUND BOBBINS?

When I first got my Millie, APQS sent me several Coats Polyester prewound bobbins in colors as well as white and black. Where can I get them and are they cheaper than Superior Super-BOB's? What about the question of 100% cotton vs. Polyester (in pre-wounds)? I use So Fine from Superior on the top. I don't like to order from APQS because they charge a processing fee, no matter how small your order. I ordered 2 packs of needles and ended up paying $25! :(

-Ann

Guest Linda S

The SuperBobs work great. Don't use the plastic ones -- they spin a bit too fast in the bobbin case and when you hit a point or a steep curve, you'll get gopher guts on the bottom of your quilt. They're just a tad too slippery.

Linda

Hello everyone

I only order my pre wound bobbins from Superior Threads. I LOVE the cotton pre wounds THEY WORK PERFECT with KingTut ( and all my other cotton thread brands). I can use a varigated on top and soild on the back or two different colours top and bottom with NO POKE THROUGH, I also love the poly pre wounds from them, they may be a little more in price but they are perfect from start to finish. Watch out for some of the less costly pre wound bobbins some get very tight in the center of the bobbin and can cause bad tense on the back of the quilt. When I'm finished a bobbin I pop off the paper sides and add the middle to my 6 year olds craft supplies, she likes to paint them and string them like beads.:P

Hi, all,

There was a chat in the past about the cardboard bobbins. In case you missed it, I will repeat what I learned about them. First of all, I agree that they are great. I routinely use the cotton bobbins with variegated top thread, and it works well. I used them for ages without issues, but one day I had a great deal of trouble with the bobbins. The paper sides began to shred inside the bobbin case. I called Superior and they told me that the bobbins are meant to be used without the cardboard sides. They are easily removed, and I have removed them ever since.

Happy quilting.

Linda/9patch

Archived