Christmas block exchange...

bobbi

the color is terrible, it's really not yellow, it's creams & gold.

I used the Jackie Robinson border fabric, but if anyone decides to use it too, order 2 1/2 or 3 yards, not 2! I really had to piece the borders... Don't know when I'll get to quilt it, I have some other projects coming up... So I thought I'd just spend Sunday putting the top together!

Kinda different for our 12 blocks...

post--13461900658531_thumb.jpg

Thanks ladies! I thought I better start doing some stuff in my spare time cause right now my days are eaten up with contractors, realtors, cleaning people, etc... My son has begun to invest in some rehab properties and made me his Property Manager. I did this stuff years ago, and forgot the HUGE chunk of time it takes to do that.. It's good though cause it gives me a little more income!!! YAY! It's also a LOT of up and down stairs and physical work I haven't done in a LONG time! But I'm happy to do it!

I am sooo h appy you like my top! I had seen a similar block "setting" in Keepsake quilting for one of their Christmas quilts.. mine is only similar, but I have looked for a reason to use Jackie Robinson's border fabrics for a long time!!! They are sooo lovely! I got them from fabricdepot.com great place!

Bev! I can't wait to see yours! AND I LOVE your new picture! You sweet thing you!

Enjoy!

• 1 month later...

Well I sort of made the deadline. My top is together, just finished on christmas eve! Hopefully I will quilt it by next year.

I decided to set it on point so that I would have some big empty spaces to practise some free form holly style feathers, now it looks like a lot of empty space to fill, still its my quilt so it doesn't matter if the quilting isn't too good.

post--13461900926465_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

My quilt has been finished (except for the label) for about 2 weeks now. I took several pictures, but then are way too dark. I'll have to wait until I'm home on a bright day and try again for some pictures.

I think it is beautiful, not due to my quilting, but because my APQS friends made the blocks for me. They all look great together, too.

I hope to post pictures next week.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived