NQR Prayers please...very long!

Hi all! I sure hope I don't come off as a whiner here. But we are sure out of luck and could most certainly use a lift from the heavens.

MY mother went in for surgery 3 weeks ago. She had gall bladder by arthroscopy and hiatal (spelling) hernia. She came home the next day and fell over the following day. We didn't have a clue why she fell over and she didn't know either. She was alone and coudn't get up. She pulled a phone off a desk and called 911. They picked her up. We felt they should have called someone to check on her as she is 73. The next morning my sister found her with a stomach as large as any 9 month pregnant woman you have ever seen. Shes about 5 5 and 145 lbs. So not such a huge woman. Her face was swollen and she couldn't move for pain. We had her taken to the hospital. They put in a stomach tube and started draining bile. They decided she has a leak from the gall bladder. Then they said she had poison and bacteria in her body and too weak to operate so they would keep her drained and hope the leak would heal. The leak never healed they flew her to another hospital as she was failing. There they operated yesterday. They have repaired the leak but the doctors informed us she is positive for MRSA. I know mrsa. It ate up my foot...bones , soft tissue, skin and all.

Today I'm not allowed any where near the hospital as I have the flu and bronchitis. My sister called...who is so worn out--she has 4 children still at home, husband and rheumatoid also. She says my mother is still so weak. No one has bothered to explain mrsa to them well. I don't know if I should bother. I know my sister and mother are aware a bad infection is what damaged my foot so severely; but, I don't think they know its got the same name. I am hoping there are new medicines that work better.

My brother and other family members should be on their way as I type.

Of course, I keep having to lay down. So I have very odd hours right now. This flu is not good. AND its the worst possible timing. My mother lays in ICU and I can't go near her. I'd kill her!

Thanks for Listening!

Liz

Hi Liz-I'm up at 3:23am because I went to bed early w/granddaughter and after 5 hrs of sleep I'm read to take on the day (maybe not). Anyway, your luck sounds terrible. Yesterday my granddaughter's grandpa (kids never married) found out that he has cancer and will be lucky to see Christmas. He is a Dr. and knew something was wrong for a year. Talk about denial!!! Anyway, Greg could use some prayers also. I will add you and your family to my list. I understand MRSA is really a terrible life-long thing.

As hard as it sounds you need to take care of you first....your mother even in the hospital is with people who can care for her...you get better and then you can be there with her. It going to be a long road ahead you already know that, know that we are here for you can hope beyond hope that all goes well. I too will keep you in my prayers.

Good morning all...Thank you for all the replies! My brother called and he shall be at the hospital in about an hour. So now my sister can go rest and my mother won't be alone.

She keeps having bad dreams with the pain meds. Then she wakes up terrified. I used to do that also with the same pain meds. It's really scarey. Sort of like panic attacks but so druggy and confused. We hate to leave her alone like that. Sure wish they could give her something to stop that.

Liz

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to help you with prayers and words of encouragement. I love this forum.

You situation reminds me of when my dad went through lung surgery. Mom was in a care home with Alzheimer's and he was her only support. When I caught a bad cold I couldn't go see either one of them.

Ditto on what others have said and I'm praying for your speedy recovery. Sip a hot cup of tea with lemon and honey and relax. This too shall pass.

(((BIG HUG))))

Archived