NQR - Bill update

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh darn it, This is the second person this weekend that I've heard this news about. I will be adding you and Bill to my prayer list which is growing longer as we speak. May God hold you in his hand as you go thru this time of loss. No matter when we lose someone we love, it's too early. Patty, you will be in our prayers for a long time to come.

(((((hugs)))))

Patty Jo please know I care and I'm thinking of you at this very sad time. Please also know my caring and thoughts can't compare to our God in heaven. He is there with you and Bill. His arms are holding you both. I am lifting you high in my prayers.

I have no words to convey my thoughts. I'm sending my love to you!

Liz

Patty Jo,

My thoughts and prayers continue to stay strong for you and Bill at this very difficult time. I know you've savored every minute with Bill, and continue to do so. He will be in a much better place, the Lord is waiting for him untill you meet again. You have the Lord, us, your family, friends and church to lean on... know that we are all here for you and Bill to lift you up and give you strength. God bless you both my friend.

Evy Hayes

Patty Jo,

Your news brought me to my knees to say prayers for you and Bill. My favorite song is "In the Garden" "and He walks with me and He talks with me, and He tells me I am His own, and the Joy we share as we tarry there, none other has ever known." When Bill's suffering is done, he will be in the garden with Jesus. Picture him there. God Bless and watch over you and your family at this time and always.

Love,

Robin

Just a bit of an update. Please pray that I can keep Bill in his bed. He keeps thinking that he has to go somewhere and gets out of bed and falls. He has now fallen 3 times. The first time my son and I got him back to bed, the 2nd time a neighbor was home and helped me get him into bed and last night I had to call the fire dept to help me get him into bed - 4 burley young guys made it look like they were picking up a child and I couldn't even begin to move him. This last fall was the worst as he fell on his face and his teeth cut his lip. He is just sore all over from the falls and is now moaning each time he tries to move. He does this as soon as I leave the room (to shower, comb my hair and the one last night I took the garbage out to the curb for pickup. So I'm hesitant to leave him for more than a minute. Thank you all for those prayers. Still can't believe that this is the path that I'm on.

Victoria & Heidi - I've called hospice after every fall and they have sent out a nurse to check him. The have changed his medication, but it doesn't seem to make a difference and the side rails, - Bill uses them to pull himself up with them and the last fall last night, I had 2 friends help me move a recliner right next to the bed to block the area not guarded by the rails and he still got out. He was funny yesterday one time while he was trying to get out, I kept saying no he couldn't and he said "Why can't you just let me be stubborn!" I told him to go ahead and be stubborn, but I was more stubborn. We both ended up chuckling over that one. This morning he is talking about "taking a tumble" and he wonders how that happened. anyway, thanks for listening. Our hospice nurse will be around this morning and I'm going to insist that we get a bigger dose of something so that he won't keep doing this. Thanks again for listening.

Patty Jo,

You ARE tired. I saw that myself. Sleeping on the couch and listening for every breath is not getting rest. My late husband did the same thing even at the VA hospital. He wanted to do things for me! If you want someone to come sit with him while you shower, all you have to do is call girlfriend. You know I will be there. If you want to take a real nap, even on the couch, call. I'll bring a book. No handwork for this girl. LOL :P:P:P:P:P That's Beth's job. :P:P:P

You are loved and always remember, my dear friend, you are literally surrounded by angels. :):):)

Nancy Jo

Patty Jo, I've been thru the care-giving with our son, and you really don't know how exhausted you are, now IS the time to rely on Hospice and friends, and neighbors and take care of yourself a little. We wouldn't want you crashing when you need to be doing other things or caring for Bill. Love the bit about being stubborn. :)

Hugs and God Bless,

RitaR

Patty Jo -

My mom did the very same thing - I couldn't leave her for a minute before she'd be trying to get out of bed. I tried bed rails, too - barely slowed her down - just gave her something solid to grab hold of. As weak as she was, I couldn't figure where she got the burst of energy and strength to wiggle around those rails! She too, took a couple tumbles.....one that gave her a fat lip.

Our hospice team did what they could - within their parameter to provide patient comfort and caregiver support. For your sake (and Bill's safety) I hope your hospice nurse can come up with a way to help.

I know what you mean when you say that you can't believe that this is the path you are on. My thoughts are right there with you.....having just gone down a similar path less than a month ago.....I know how overwhelming it can be.

Try to take care of yourself, too. I know it seems impossible right now - the intensity of each day leaves you exhausted.....it's hard to renew your energy when you are always "on" - day and night.

Venting does help! And we will be here to listen.

Take care.

Patty Jo;

My FIL did this as well when he was going through this.

Hspice prescribed him an anti aniexity drug (plus by this time he was on a high dose of morphen as well for the pain).

The anti aniexty drug should relax him to the point where he won't try to get up out of bed (or so that's what our hospice nurse told us and it did work).

Will continue to keep praying for you and Bill.

Archived