Latest quilt

Hi to all,

I just finished a quilt for a friend's granddaughter. I posted close ups on webshots, but wanted to share with this group since I learn so much from all of you.

2016432950103885794S200x200Q85.jpg

2632216680103885794S200x200Q85.jpg

2316331230103885794jXGltC_th.jpg

2534124600103885794S200x200Q85.jpg

I quilted the top with Superior Bottom line in yellow. The quilting doesn't show much on the back because the backing is all the green "grass" fabric. I quilted feathers in the borders and in the sky area and large stipples in the grass area. The bear and Pooh are trapunto. I hand painted the butterflies and sun rays and birds.

It was fun. The customer loved it. I had fun making it as well. The pictures are a bit fuzzy. Still trying to perfect that skill!

Hi Evelyn, Am I wrong in thinking you made this with applique, and it's not a whole cloth quilt?? Terrific Job, and beautiful results of quilting, too.. Three pats on the back for a Job well done!

Keep on keeping on.... quilting.

RitaR

P.S. OOOPS, was so engrossed in the picts I didn't read the info.. Beautiful job, and Congrats to both of you..

Evelyn, that quilt has some remarkable features. From the big pictures, it's almost three dimensional. Could be the trapunto and fuzzy photo combo. I know what you mean about perfecting photography. We use what we have and do our best!

May I ask what kind of paint you used? My cousin is looking for a paint to do some native Indian blocks. Did you prepare the fabric in a special way? What about longevity? Will is crack with time? or is it thin enough to absorb into the fibers?

Sorry for all the questions, but we DO learn from each other. Thanks:)

Bonnie,

I use mostly Marvy fabric pens that you can buy at Michael's and Fabrico pens that are sold at Jo-Ann's. Sometimes I will use Setacolor paints that I buy at Dharma's online store. I prewash the fabric before I paint. Paint will sit on the top of the fabric, unlike dyes that will penetrate the fibers. Paints today are very good and they don't stiffen the cloth. They seem to hold up well over time with normal washings. I hope you and your friend try it. I love to embellish with paint. I often paint fabric that has a design on it just to change it slightly.

Evelyn

Archived