Autosketch - drawing and Drafting

smorris

Hi Darlene (I see you are online now) and everyone

I just ordered a book from www.amazon.com callled (something like) Autosketch 9 Drafting and Drawing. I'll bring it with me in Feb.. there was another one on the website too, Autosketch for Students (or something like that) you can buy that one, its $118 - mine was $7.95!!!!!

I hope this is helpful to us learning Autosketch.

sue in australia

• 5 months later...

Hi Jessica

When did you get your CQ?

I didn't really find the book very helpful, the help section of Autosketch really has all the info we need, but if you don't know what you are doing its hard to drag out the bits of info that we need as quilter.

I never thought I would learn it but have now got to the stage where I think I know just about all I need for CQ. If you have any questions just ask or send me a U2U. I'll help if I can.

Best wishes

Sue in Australia

I looked at the book as well and came to the same conclusion as you did, Sue. It was not very helpful, unless you are planning a building. It is really for architectual planning.

We really need a manual geared towards quilters. Dee Dee does a nice job, but a more extensive tutorial would be wonderful. Autosketch is a definite learning curve and as Darlene pointed out you need plenty of time to play with it. So, Sue, let us know when you get it all worked out and maybe you can write a book on it for quilters.

Just think, when you are a famous writer we can say we knew you when you first got started:P

Good Luck with autosketch-

Sheri in Hershey

Some of the books out there can be very technical, and not that useful for your application of the program? I understand that Auto Sketch is similar to AutoCAD, I used CAD for years. If you have any questions just drop me a line and we well see if I can help you out.

karen@farmersdaughterquilting.com

Happy Quilting to all you CQ?rs ! ;)

I've ordered my Millie and CQ, and just finalized my financing to get it into my home. I cannot wait to try my hand at creating training DVDs/CDs for the CQ. Just need folks to order them when I do get them made as I really want to spend my life quilting instead of creating technical training. I used AutoCAD for creating engineering drawings for manuals and didn't like the restraints of AutoSketch for that application, however, I cannot wait to use it for quilting designs. Hang in there guys, I might be able to help with this one.

Hi Deb

Congratulations on your new Milli and CQ - I hope its not long before it is installed.

Once you own a CQ, you can contact Sue Edberg and ask to join her CQ digitisers list. Its a list for owners only, of CQ. There is help there for anyone with a digitising problem and others share what they know about Autosketch - I am sure your skills would be very welcome. It doesn't matter whether you own an APQS with CQ or other brand of machine.

Best wishes

Sue in Australia

Hi Debbie,

Welcome and Congrats. I can't wait till you figure this Digitizing stuff out. I'm coming to your house for a visit when you do. lololol

Let me know when you get set up. I'm so excited for you.

YEEEHAWW from Texas

Tammie

Archived