Studio progress

Some pics of studio in the making. The pics dont' really give you the reality of size but hey nothings perfect.

I will have the progress posted from this point on in our BLOG of www.designstoquilt.com once I get the designs on in the next few weeks.

Still its fun to see it all happening. I know some might not want to show this stage but once it is done I think I will glad to have watched the progress. Can't wait to see the cabinets and such go in.

Please ignore the funky furniture left by previous owner. lol

PS Lots of snow today

post--13461900696638_thumb.jpg

We built our house 30 years ago and I have pictures that look just like yours! Funny how they all look alike at this stage--studs and sheet rock.

That's exciting that you get to live in it and move in and be there while it's being built--all brand new! Do you have an estimated finish date?

Shooting for March 1st but like Sue once said to me "These things take longer than you want them too." I do believe we will be way ahead of schedule as long as the contractor can get to me when the really HEAVY snow comes. This might be our only delay. We have purchased most of the materials and they are upstairs. Over 100 sheets of sheetrock. That was a full day to get carried upstairs. All of it has to be floated and textured and the flooring put in. Glad I wasn't the one carrying it all. lololol I'll have to paint until my arms fall off. lololol

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Hugs to ya,

Grammie Tammie

Looks wonderful!! Wow! you've got lots of room!!! AAAHHHH~ you are blessed!! When I come out to colorado to visit my brother, I think I'll fly into colorado springs instead of denver and come and see you! He lives in Estes Park. I know that would be a drive for him, but I've flown in there before. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE Colorado!!! MY favorite place on earth!!!:) Do you ski? Maybe we could have a quilt ,ski week sometime!!!!:D I'm excited to see your finished project!! linda

Linda that would be great. Always happy to pick you up.

I used to ski alot but haven't since 1996. I crushed my right hand and arm in a motorcycle accident. They put it back together and I'm blessed but injuring it further would not be a good thing so I do anything I think I can get away with but I'm limited alittle. lol

Hugs Grammie Tammie

I haven't down hill skied for a long time etiher!!! I would definantly have to be on the beginner slopes again!!:o But I love to cross country!! I bet you could do that!! I reallly will think about when I come out, I wll get ahold of you!! I don't have anything in the plans right now but when I do, I will be getting in touch with you. Maybe Mike could just come to your house to pick me up!! Do you live north of colorado springs? I know, I don't need all that now, but just curious!:cool: Have fun in the snow!!!!! love it!!! linda

Sheetrock up and Floating and Texture take place the next two weeks. It's coming along and now I can really appreciate the space. I know it's messy but that is what work looks like. lolol Lots still to do. Now I have to decide what COLOR and what flooring and the crown molding should frame everything really well. WE plan to replace the window in this photo with one that is much larger. It will have to wait a while but that will bring in more light and the view will be the best part.

post--13461900716538_thumb.jpg

Archived