Longarmchat.com

Anyone here belong to this list with a paying subscription? Do you feel its worth it?

I've just purchased the Machine Quilters Business Manager and am trying to do a little research to get my questions answered. It looks like I have to be a paying member to get into that forum.

Thoughts??

Hi Dory,

I let my longarmchat subscription lapse a couple of months ago.

But I do have MQBM as well as Organized Quilter. I love this product. It is tedious to build your database of thread, pantos, batting etc but once it is done, it is wonderful.

It is so easy to keep track of what quilts you did for SuzyQ, the thread and panto that you used and a link to the directory on your computer where photos are stored of SuzyQs quilts. You plug in the tax rate and it will figure it out for you and at the end of the year you can get a report for tax purposes.

Mary Reinhart gave classes for MQBM at MQS this past year and I'm pretty sure I saw it in 2009 catalog for MQS. The documentation that came with it is pretty good, too. I like the Organized Quilter for keeping a copy of the panto and any stitchouts of that panto that I have done.

You are going to love it. U2U me if you have any particular questions. No charge;)

I am a paying member of longarmchat.com. I joined because I am new to longarm quilting and I wanted to get as much information as possible. I especially like it because I am planning on purchasing an Intelliquilter for my Millennium. The information I have gotten off of that site has been great! They even have videos done by the quilters. So while I paid a fee for a year's subscription, I am definitely getting my money's worth with the videos. I guess I haven't found them to be too crabby, and I have gotten quick responses to questions. Whether I continue once I feel comfortable is something that will wait to be seen. I spend all day with my full time job checking e-mails so I really don't anticipate wanting to spent too much time on a computer once I have more quilts to work on. Just my two cents worth. I guess it depends on what your need is.

Originally posted by DoryJM

Anyone here belong to this list with a paying subscription? Do you feel its worth it?

I've just purchased the Machine Quilters Business Manager and am trying to do a little research to get my questions answered. It looks like I have to be a paying member to get into that forum.

Thoughts??

Have you tried Machine Quilters Resource ( www.mqresource.com)? It's a free or pay site also. Unlike LAC, you will find MOST information on the MQR site is free. I think the subscription there is primarily for class fee reductions and increased photo gallery space.

MQR has a business forum that might have your answers. I do know many of the members have this program and would probably be able to answer most of your questions.

MQR is pretty active and similar to this site. It also has some neat articles and topics that change regularly on its home page.

FWIW

I have been a member of LA Chat for about 3 years. I have learned a lot, but it's time to let it lapse as I really need to cut some expenses. The posted videos are also on Utube which I watch often.

Dorothy, I also have had Machine Quilters Business Manager and I don't know what I would do without it. Mary is always there to help. The only thing I don't like is the unlock code thing. I understand why she has it, but I've been through 3 computers since I purchased it and I always feel like a pain to have to contact her to help unlock it. I'll have to do it one more time when I can finally afford my new computer.

Originally posted by mitzi

I am a paying member of longarmchat.com. I joined because I am new to longarm quilting and I wanted to get as much information as possible. I especially like it because I am planning on purchasing an Intelliquilter for my Millennium. ...

Mitzi, don't forget to checkout the Intelliquilter Yahoo group! They have great info and support and it's free! Also, the IQ site has most (if not ALL) of the IQ relevant YouTube videos made accessible to the general public for free.

Mr. Kasa is very conscientious about providing as much info as possible to current and potential customers. Customer satisfaction is one of his top priorities as it is for some of his competitors as well.

FWIW, MQR also has a Computerized Quilting forum that might provide more information regarding a number of available computerized quilting systems currently on the market. The "Computerquilter" forum of LAC is misleading in that its information tends to be slanted primarily to the IQ system since the list owner is an IQ dealer and understandably wishes to restrict promotion of competing brands on her site.

Archived