Leveler Bar

Guest Linda S

Guest Linda S

I'm wondering just how necessary the leveler bar is on the machine. With the Liberty, although the machine has a 20" throat, the leveler bar cuts the quilting surface down to about 11.5". I do realize it helps to keep the quilt nice and level, but is there a way to lower the take-up roller and remove the leveler bar? This has only become an issue for me in doing large circles (see my quilting for Marsha McCloskey). Otherwise, I am quite happy with the smaller Liberty.

Linda

Hi Linda

The leveler bar is critical to the workings of the system but when I had the Liberty I moved the bar back as far as I could to open up the quilting space. You could do this temporarily to see how it can help you by removing the bolts and setting the bar back. Be careful that it doesnt fall though or it will scare you when it does! If you are happy with the setup you may be able to find someone that will be able to drill new holes.

Best of luck, let us know if this this works for you and a huge congratulations in all your latest accomplisments!

Yes, I think they did Judy!:D (you are so funny!)

Aren?t they pretty in pink?!

I can *not* wear that color at all, but Sherry & Linda, you have pulled it off with your glowing smiles!;)

Guest Linda S

Thanks for the suggestion Sherry! I think another inch or two of space would be wonderful. I don't want much more than that. Luckily, I have a brother who is a welder/fabricator, so if it can be done, he can most likely do it for me.

And yes, I called Sherry the night before to make sure we were wearing the same color! NO -- not really.

:D

Linda

Archived