I need some ideas please! Finished

Colleen, you did a great job on the quilt!!!

I wish I could answer your question about the wobble on the corners. I do think it has to do with the seams. I have run into that problem and it has me doing alot more thinking about which way I should press the seams when I am piecing.. I wish it was always mentioned in patterns, some have it, some don't. Perhaps this quilt was made with bulky corners and that is just something that quilters have to deal with. Not everyone is an expert piecer. I don't know. I am just tossing idea's around, but I have thought about this issue alot. I have seen blocks that lay perfectly flat. I think the block that Bonnie posted in the New Years challenge just looked to lay perfectly flat, so it wouldn't have the problem. I am also looking at Eleanor Burns "Egg Money Quilts" for my blocks and it looks like she has hints on how to avoid lumpy corners. Okay, I guess you can see this is something that has been weighing on my mind. I want to piece without bulky corners but am not sure how to always do it yet. I think it would be great not to have to run into the bulky corner wobble :P

I look forward to hearing others ideas on this subject. I have tried going really slow and tried going really fast through the corners. Both seem to work sometimes... shrugging shoulders.

Archived