Turkey- 40 pounder

Suezquilts

Mary Beth...I would think anything related to Big Bird would be a bit stringy...and not taste very good. Besides that Big Yellow bird would be really missed...since his is over 30 years old. Even my daughter got to met the original Big Bird the staff while on tour...something I had to hear about for about 8 years...thank god she finally out grew that phase. And Mr. Rogers wasn't allowed into our house...she was scared of him.

Originally posted by Bonnie

Big Yellow bird would be really missed...since his is over 30 years old.

Bonnie do you remember that movie "Where's that Bird" I think was the title? It came out in the mid 80's. I took my son to it and I think he was around 3. When they said that Big Bird was lost all the kids in the theater starting crying! LOL my son just didn't want to sit that long but there were many mother's that had to calm those kids down and convince them that they would find Big Bird!

can you de-brest him and bake the white meat .. if you want something different with that you can butterfly the breasts and pound them down and then stuff and roll them up .. a little cheesecloth to hold the roll shape and a lot of butter its to die for.... (don't give me credit this wasn't my idea friend at work told me about it and then brought me a slice.. think she got it from martha stewart)

if you remove breast meat would that leave him small enough to brine the dark meat?

this is the third large bird, and the other 2 were absolutely great.

The turkey is in the cooler waiting for tomorrow. I'll take a picture of him next to a frozen chicken so you can get a handle on the size, posting it tomorrow.

My oven is a lower one, when we purchased the dbl oven stove I never thought of the turkey getting into such a low oven. I have a couple strong sons.

We have to have Thanksgiving at our DD house because we don't have cable to watch sports!!!

With four grandchildren 3,3,2,1 yrs old I'm glad its not here.

Archived