Problems with turbo bobbin winder

smudges

Hi! My Milli and bobbin winder are about 12 months old. My bobbin winder doesn't wind bobbins straight, the thread piles up on one side and doesn't reach the other side of bobbin, can this be adjusted? I just push the thread over to the other side manually with my finger but it doesn't make for a nice evenly wound bobbin.

Also after winding 1-2 bobbins it starts getting alot noisier and makes an awful smell, is this something to be worried about?

Thanks!

Susan

Hi Susan

You can adjust the position of the section that you put the bobbin on either in or out according to what side its under filling. If the instructions are not in your version of the manual, let me know and I'll email them to you. I'm not sure about the smell though, we'll have to get the technicians to answer that.

Sue

Thanks Sue I have just sent you an email, my manual goes through how to adjust for fullness but not for evenness.

I suspect the smell is either too much or not enough oil, it's that kind of smell, but hopefully the techs will know. I stopped winding multiple bobbins at a time but it would be nice to be able to wind all the bobbins required for the quilt at the start rather than unthreading each time the bobbin runs out to wind another one.

Thanks!

Susan

Susan, I was just getting on the site to ask this exact question!! :o

So weird... ;)

Anyway, my bobbin winder has been doing the same thing. I have been responding in the same way: nudging the thread with my finger... and I have had the same result -- poorly wound bobbins!

Thank you for asking this! My manual also shows how to adjust for fullness, but not eveness. I will be watching this thread for answers. I'm sorry you are having this problem, but I'm glad I'm not alone -- means it's probably an easy fix! :P

I have the same unevenness problem, and have been doing the same finger nudge thing! I've been using pre-wound bobbins most of the time to avoid even winding bobbins, but it'd sure be nice to wind some of those beautiful King Tut threads on a bobbin and stitch with them. I asked someone (Mark?) at MQS, and he said to call APQS. I tried a couple of times this summer, but seemed to call when everyone was gone, and didn't get a callback. So I hope someone has a suggestion. I can wind them on my Bernina, but that's not even in the same room as my Millie, so it's pretty inconvenient.

Julie

Kristy (sp?) from APQS called me after I posted this morning, and now my bobbin winder is fixed! I cut a small washer from an old piece of felt, and put it up against the black o-ring on the spindle before I attached the bobbin. Now it's winding evenly across the bobbin, and I'm SO HAPPY.

THANKS APQS!

Julie

Archived