quilt SOLD!

Thunder of the Ochocos, sold for $2,500. The 58 X 63 quilt was auctioned to raise funds for The Humane Society of the Ochocos, our local no-kill animal shelter.

<a  href=2753623120093461943S425x425Q85.jpg' alt=

from my webshots album: Innovations 2008

The quilt was made by Sandy Howe of Prineville. She enlarged the original pattern (Spring Storm, by Toni Whitney) by 200% to create a really dramatic portrait of a horse with its mane blowing in the wind. She also added the extra wide outer border which gave me room to do some really fun freehand quilting. ~~ Eva

Thanks everyone. I was so pleased with the results of the auction and the quilt too. We had some issues with the borders refusing to be square or the quilt itself to stay flat so we had to -- gulp -- soak it in the tub and then s-t-r-e-t-c-h, block it into shape. Phew, that was a nerve wracking day.

Then I was concerned about how it would go at the auction so I forewarned my husband that we were taking a check with us to buy back the quilt if it didn't sell for at least $500. LOL ~~ WHAT! Me worry?

So, yes, all's well that ends well and it did help raise money for a very worthwhile cause.

When I first thought of this I instantly thought of Dory, and was going to nug her to see it if she hadn't already....its beautiful, and I really like it that its been blown up so big. I have seen the kits several times and thought I would do it, but the pieces were to small for me...never thought about blowing up the pattern... DUH, dumb I know...sometimes I need directions on the box bottom to get out.

Love the quilt and your quilting....

Von, who would think you'd end up all the way out here. You must have gotten turned around on your way to somewhere -- since we're not on the way to anywhere! :P

Thank you, Jolene for your nice compliment. ~~ hint: if you stand next to a horse with a really big head, it makes your butt look small -- lol ;)

For anyone who is interested in seeing all the winning quilts from Innovations they just emailed the list with photos today. Here's the address:

http://www.mqinnovations.com/QS%20Winners1.htm

Thanks again. BE HAPPY ~~ Keep Quilting, Eva

Archived