panto choice for baby quilts ??

Rec. a call for a customer quilt { my first} & as it is still being pieced I haven't yet seen it. I do know that it is a Teddy Bear pattern of some sort and has some applique. Any suggestions for a good panto for baby/ infant quilts? Thanks to all you talented and helpful longarm quilters out there!!

moonbeam quilter

Guest Linda S

Hi Moonbeam. Hmmm, this is a bit difficult without seeing the quilt. If it is appliqued, I'm not sure a panto would be the best, but then, if there are only a few applique items . . . well. Some simple and soft pantos I have used for baby quilts are Popcorn by Jodi Beamish (almost looks like tufts of cotton on the plant), and Feathered Curls (or Feathered Curls and Roses) by Timeless Quilting Designs. Check out Darlene Epp's site, http://www.longarmsupplies.com/ - she has some wonderful designs there.

Linda

I have a couple pantos I have used -- one is called Wee Ones (I think -- I'm at work so don't have them in front of me). Very cute with rocking horse, lamb, sailboat, bottle, binkie. THe other one has loops and the numbers 1 through 9 in the pattern (don't know what it is called but I can check if you'd like.)

I agree, though, that if you have an applique quilt, you might not want to use a panto.

Sara

I did Dave Hudson's 'security blanket' on a couple of baby quilts for cousins new babies, they just loved the design. Also I have done the stars & loops on a blue background with multi-colored stars and it was really cute without being too babyish. That way it could still be used for a toddlers bed.

Archived