scary first video

Hi Folks

I got a wild hair today and tried out the webcam that came with my laptop for the first time. I uploaded part of the video I made today on You Tube and thought I would ask those of that partake on this site to take a look at it and let me know if I should continue or hang up my producer hat as fast as I can!

Have a look see, but be gentle .......please!

Sherry - looks like you are on your way to becoming a video mogul!!

Having been in the advertising business for 18 years, and producing many ads with photos, videos, etc. I would watch out for "continuity" - what's in the background... make sure it's "clean" in that there's not stuff that will distract from the main event which is YOU! Hope that helps, I try to watch that in all my photos for my brochure as well as the ones I post here and in general.

I'd also like to mention that even though I never saw Tribal Fusion in person - I just picked up my copy of UP...!!! WOW WOW WOW! Their photographs make my heart flutter! What a beautiful work of art TF is! Thanks so much for sharing it with all of us! You ROCK girl!!!

Sherry

Definitely consider doing more. I think you could easily develop a following on You Tube!

Bobbie made a good suggestion about the stuff in the background at the start of the video. If you could also learn how the website could scroll or print once across the bottom of the video. That might be down the road, but it would be helpful.

I'll be looking for more!

vg

Sherry

I loved the video it makes you want to go and look for more on your website. Which I will do when I can. Just wondering why you decided to ink this one first instead of after the quilting which you said was the way in the book? Just something knew to try? Keep up the good work. Jeanne

Thank you all for looking, and many thanks to those of you that offered comments and feedback.

This was done on a whim, not planned, not staged but I promise to fluff my pillows and fold my blankie next time I think about filming myself. Hester, if I was as pretty as you I would have come out of hiding!

Jeannie, Your correct, just trying something new...adding another twist. Inking on the fly fits my lifestyle at the moment.

Experimentation is always a good thing, if for no other reason than to be able to say, I tried that and didn't like the outcome or maybe discover that it is a much better process and easier to do before it is quilted. The only thing I would imagine you would have to be mindful of is once it is quilted you may have to re ink some quilting threads to match the colors if not exactly placed where you want them. You will have to let us know how it works out for you. Can't wait to give it a try myslef sometime. Jeanne

Sherry-

I think you did a great job and would love to see more!!

Plus I have been meaning to send you a quick note (got too busy trying to get myself to California) to say that I recognized your TF on the cover of UP right off - could hardly wait to open it up and make sure I was right!!! It is such a awesome piece. If you every want to load it out, I have the perfect place to hang it ........

Take care and keep more coming - love what you do and one of these days I will be good enough to try one of your whole cloth quilts. After I get all the Xmas stuff done, I plan to work like crazy on great feathers!!! Wish me luck.

Hi Meg and Connie

Thank you for the feedback! It tickles me to know you enjoyed this and that it was clear as well. Heck, with a little planning,scripting and pillow plumping I guess I could do it again! I have alot to learn but it will be great fun to play around with.

Meg, isn't that just the prettiest cover on UP? I was thrilled to see the red text and be ink-luded in such a special issue!

Sherry - the cover is great - but the greatest was that with just a bit of your quilt on the front - I knew it was yours!!!!! LOVE IT! Just keep up all your great work and creativity and keep sharing. Next summer when I am north I want to come take lessons. We will have to chat.

till later........Meg

Archived