power fabric advance?

witha'K'quilting

Kristina,

All the Millies I've seen have the power advance motor on the right-hand side, as you are facing the free-hand (front) side of the head. The take-up roller has to fit into the motor assembly in a certain way, and to make it roll right, the power advance has to be on the right-hand side.

Is that any help?

And if you run into any other set-up issues, I'll be checking this post again in the morning. Hope you're all set up and running by then!

You are correct, Kenna. It attaches with a bracket system to the back take-up roller and the foot pedal is used to advance. You do take off the clamp brake to use.

You will see why it won't work on the left side--the motor spindle to engage the bracket sticks out to the left so if you tried to switch it to the other side, it would need to fit upside down. This is not possible since the plate to attach the motor to the frame is at the bottom of the motor. Clear as mud??!

I bet you could have a local machinist/welder modify it for you, but so many parts would need to be altered, it may be cheaper to knock a hole in your wall instead!!:D

So glad to be a help, Kristina! And being a "nightowl" I'm sometimes checking the chat when everyone else has gone "beddy-bye." Feel free to share here whenever you have a problem - and definitely share your joys and projects!

Welcome, Kristina!

Archived