George just stopped with his lights on

I have been quilting with George just fine this afternoon. I finished a round of quilting, took the quilt to the bed to see what the next step was and clip trailing threads. Went back to work on the next border and he won't run. HIs lights are on, but I can't get the one stitch button to work to pull up the bobbin thread. I could turn the flywheel from the back and the needle does work manually. When I pulled the needle thread he kicked in for a few stitches. I quilted about 5 feather shapes and he won't work again.

Any ideas? Of course this happened right at 5:00 pm and when I called the APQS number the phone would ring and then go to dial tone. If I don't get him to work, I'll have to go to the basement and work on business needles, not near as much fun. I was so close to being done with this quilt.

All cords and plugs are in place. He is plugged into a surge protector. The accessory light is still working. He is well oiled and I don't see anything in the bobbin/hook area. Where would his fuse be? He is not frozen, we can still hand turn the flywheel and have the needle and bobbin hook work correctly.

He has had a couple hours break but nothing different is happening. The one good thing is that I'm down to the outside border area, so if need to I can use the home machine.

Hi

I think George's fuse is in the same place as the Lenni, that is just below where the power cord plugs into the machine. Below the plug you will see a rectangle etched above the on/off switch, prise it out with a small screwdriver and you'll see the blown fuse and in a drawer of the piece you've just removed you will find the spare fuse, you need to push the drawer from the side to find the spare,

Good luck

Sue in Australia

It is probably in your manual - good luck

Archived